Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick search through thread didn't answer my question.

For the past 5 days I've been unable to get vehicle info via the myChevy app (error is "Invalid user input. Please try again. (105)"). My OnStar 3-month trial ended Dec 28th but my issues started on Dec 26th. I have uninstalled the app, tried using the OnStar RemoteLink app, and rebooted my phone numerous times with no success.

Before I take this up with OnStar, can anyone confirm they still can pull vehicle info via the Android 5+ app with an OnStar Basic plan?

Oddly, all my keyfob functions aside from horn and lights work just fine. When I check my charging status on my.chevrolet.com, I get all the vehicle info (current %SOC, plug status, EV miles estimate).

·
Registered
20 Posts
My OnStar subscription is still good for some months, but I've gotten the same (105) error. I've also twice gotten the alarming "out of energy" response on my android myChevy app, most recently just a few minutes ago. (My Bolt is currently plugged in in my garage, fully charged and a few feet away, and the website gives me accurate info.) I've long had trouble getting it to update the charge information, and have every once in a while gotten incorrect "your vehicle is getting out of range" notifications from the app, but this is new level of weirdness.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I've not gotten the "Out of Range" error like you. That sounds scary. Thanks for confirming I'm not seeing things because of my OnStar Basic status. I'll take this up with OnStar and report back.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The myChevy app sucks. Period. It did on my Volt and it continues to on the Bolt.

I get the 105 error on the Android phone and I can't get any information on my iPhone unless keypass is being used. However, I can precondition and use the lock/unlock with keypass or Onstar.

In more than a year its never consistently worked.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I cannot get any charging SMS alerts to be sent to me, but their daily reminder-to-charge SMS/email works well, which I enabled as a test and is more of a nuisance than a help.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Something is wrong with the OnStar app. It is sending me an SMS reminder to charge my Bolt every 5 minutes, and it won't stop. The avalanche started when I disabled the SMS reminders in the app.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree something is wrong with the mychevy app/onstar system. Today the report on my app about the state of charge went from being merely wrong to cartoonishly weird (image attached below): battery level 88% (accurate), but range is zero. And check out the tire pressures!

Something is wrong with the OnStar app. It is sending me an SMS reminder to charge my Bolt every 5 minutes, and it won't stop. The avalanche started when I disabled the SMS reminders in the app.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2017 Volt works fine with the app. Full info on range and charging status. I have the unlimited hotspot for it. On the basic onstar plan. My 2017 Bolt is very odd on the app. It constantly reports it location somewhere in the ocean off Africa and is out of range. Ha. Its on the basic plan now with no hotspot subscription. I'll post pic as soon as possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Last night I had a scare. The my.Chevrolet App it said my Bolt was dead and that I should call Roadside Assistance (all while it had been plugged into an L2 Charger for 3 hours.) I quickly refreshed the App and everything seemed to go back to normal.

I thought the my.Chevrolet App was a buggy mess before - now I'm convinced. Anyone else have this happen?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, plethora of issues. I wish OnStar would have an email address instead of online chat or a phone number. Sometimes you just can't meet their east-coast hours of operation.

Anyone from GM monitoring this forum? Would appreciate some assistance with this myChevy app issue.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm having exactly the same issues as everyone else here. Same error messages when I try to refresh the vehicle status through the app, but the website works fine. Issues began just before my OnStar free trial period ended.

I would also periodically get the "out of range" error.

Nice to know that it's not just me, but it sucks that I can't use the app anymore to view my vehicle status. I'm guessing it's a problem with the app, I hope they can fix it soon.

·
Registered
914 Posts
My 2017 Bolt is very odd on the app. It constantly reports it location somewhere in the ocean off Africa and is out of range. Ha. Its on the basic plan now with no hotspot subscription. I'll post pic as soon as possible.
I get the same thing on mine (Android app, version 3.10.0) It seems most happy when I remove keypass and disable keypass in the Bolt. Still flakey but better...

·
Registered
914 Posts
I'm having exactly the same issues as everyone else here. Same error messages when I try to refresh the vehicle status through the app, but the website works fine. Issues began just before my OnStar free trial period ended.

I would also periodically get the "out of range" error.

Nice to know that it's not just me, but it sucks that I can't use the app anymore to view my vehicle status. I'm guessing it's a problem with the app, I hope they can fix it soon.
lack of ability to update status could be:
1) GM server side, wait for them to fix it
2) App is in a bad place, reboot, if not resolved then clear app cache, if not resolved then uninstall and reinstall app

·
Registered
366 Posts
2) App is in a bad place, reboot, if not resolved then clear app cache, if not resolved then uninstall and reinstall app
It's been happening for over a month now, I think that's enough time for a server refresh / recycle.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, re-pairing to my car with keypass, etc. with no luck, exactly the same as others here have described.

Plus I can still view my vehicle status correctly on my.chevrolet.com, and I assume that they're pulling exactly the same info that the app would, so that leads me to believe that the issue is with the app communicating to wherever the data is being uploaded.

·
Registered
914 Posts
It's been happening for over a month now, I think that's enough time for a server refresh / recycle.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, re-pairing to my car with keypass, etc. with no luck, exactly the same as others here have described.

Plus I can still view my vehicle status correctly on my.chevrolet.com, and I assume that they're pulling exactly the same info that the app would, so that leads me to believe that the issue is with the app communicating to wherever the data is being uploaded.
So are you successfully paired with keypass? If so it should say so in the top of the app screen, if it says "connected by onstar, pull to refresh" it is not

I would not necessarily assume that the web data (https://my.chevrolet.com/myvehicle/) is the same data as the app gets, they appear to be separate polling events.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I also have been receiving the "Invalid user input. Please try again. (105)" error since December 27th when refreshing the status on the Vehicle Status page in the app. I have this error happening on both my phone and tablet, even after a full reinstall on both, so I'm pretty sure the error is server-side. The only way that I am able to view the vehicle status is either by using KeyPass or through my.chevrolet.com, which still works just fine.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did this too with both the myChevy and RemoteLink apps. Still can't get vehicle info. Keyfob functions in both apps but I only get the error message in the myChevy app while RemoteLink says OnStar is unavailable.

I get the same thing on mine (Android app, version 3.10.0) It seems most happy when I remove keypass and disable keypass in the Bolt. Still flakey but better...
I'll have to try this. Did you also have keypass enabled and setup before *THEN* disable it in your phone and Bolt to get OnStar vehicle info updates to work (flakily) again?

BTW, Chevy directed me to the app and Owner Center support center phone # since they don't have an online chat option. They are available every day from 7am to 10pm EST and their phone # is 1-877-558-8352 (please confirm via your my.chevrolet.com portal). I don't believe them because after I called them, they were going to have a case worker get back to me Mon-Fri.

Reactions: tstreete

·
Registered
914 Posts
Did you also have keypass enabled and setup before *THEN* disable it in your phone and Bolt to get OnStar vehicle info updates to work (flakily) again?
First, as already discussed, the My Chevy App is very flakey, so YMMV.

Yes, I have had keypass enabled and removed a few times over the last 6 months. My most recent issues have been the "vehicle info" being corrupt or stale when keypass was installed and keypass enabled in the Bolt. Seemingly the app connects and disconnects from the vehicle several times a day and ends up in a place where it thinks it can source data directly from the vehicle and therefore doesn't route the request to onstar, but it is not getting data from the vehicle or the data is corrupted.

Also, this caused a significant battery drain on my phone. Simple solution was for me to again remove keypass (from Bluetooth devices) and turn it off in the Bolt. Now whenever I open the vehicle settings it always reads "connected by onstar, will connect with keypass when in range" pull to refresh, and it grabs the data from onstar.

The only time that onstar data was not working for me was for about a week starting Oct 20th.

I have used (vehicle info) yesterday and today without issue, good luck...

·
Registered
392 Posts
First, as already discussed, the My Chevy App is very flakey, so YMMV.

Yes, I have had keypass enabled and removed a few times over the last 6 months. My most recent issues have been the "vehicle info" being corrupt or stale when keypass was installed and keypass enabled in the Bolt. Seemingly the app connects and disconnects from the vehicle several times a day and ends up in a place where it thinks it can source data directly from the vehicle and therefore doesn't route the request to onstar, but it is not getting data from the vehicle or the data is corrupted.

Also, this caused a significant battery drain on my phone. Simple solution was for me to again remove keypass (from Bluetooth devices) and turn it off in the Bolt. Now whenever I open the vehicle settings it always reads "connected by onstar, will connect with keypass when in range" pull to refresh, and it grabs the data from onstar.

The only time that onstar data was not working for me was for about a week starting Oct 20th.

I have used (vehicle info) yesterday and today without issue, good luck...
I have never used nor enabled keypass and am not having any major issues per se. I am still on my trial as well.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts