Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think those of you who have been pestering Chevy about this issue may have fixed it for all of us. I've been suffering the "Invalid user input (105)" problem since my six month free onstar subscription expired back in March. Yesterday, the mychevy app (android) updated, and the error disappeared. I now get SOC information via the app without a problem. Seems like somebody at Chevy heard the complaints and fixed things.

So thank folks!

Thanks to user T25 (Details here), there finally is a resolution to the "Invalid user input (105)" problem. As I suspected, the cause of the problem is on Onstar's end. To resolve the problem, you have to do the following steps:

1. Call OnStar and follow the options to speak with technical support
2. Ask to have the "EV Mobile Command" package added to your subscription (There is a lot of confusion at OnStar about this package as some representatives will insist that checking vehicle status requires a paid subscription while others will properly acknowledge that it is a no-cost option which should be a part of the Basic subscription)
3. Be firm that this package is a no-cost option and get your case escalated to a lead GM technical support advisor (only they are able to add the package to your subscription)
4. Wait 3-5 business days and celebrate once your long-broken app starts working again!

So nice to be able to remotely check the vehicle status again!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I think those of you who have been pestering Chevy about this issue may have fixed it for all of us. I've been suffering the "Invalid user input (105)" problem since my six month free onstar subscription expired back in March. Yesterday, the mychevy app (android) updated, and the error disappeared. I now get SOC information via the app without a problem. Seems like somebody at Chevy heard the complaints and fixed things.

So thank folks!

Outstanding! Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Can confirm, mine is fixed too! Thank you everyone for saving me from calling OnStar/GM again! Was really dreading it too...so much phone tag...so much phone tag...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yikes - the MyChevy web site (web, not the app) has been redone!!! It now actually works for SOC and other info like charge history [!] after many weeks of being useless.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Yikes - the MyChevy web site (web, not the app) has been redone!!! It now actually works for SOC and other info like charge history [!] after many weeks of being useless.

Yay! Mine works even though I only have OnStar Basic from when the free 90 days ran out. The only error I could find is that the site reports I'm charging at 120V, instead of 240V. Anybody else seeing this?

101 - 105 of 105 Posts