Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
All my numbers are goofy too. I attributed that to: 1.) the fact I didn't provide my credit card to OnStar upon delivery 2.) I haven't responded to OnStar's welcome-signup stuff. The MyChevy preconditioning function works for me though & that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Yeah, I have similar whacky numbers as well. The lifetime efficiency number for me appears to be accurate, but none of the other data makes any sense. I can't get any data to come up for the last 7 days, 30 days, or even last 12 months. The website is not processing data very well. The myChevrolet app, on the other hand, appears to have more accurate data under the Vehicle Status screen, but is limited to last full charge, and lifetime.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yeah, I have similar whacky numbers as well. The lifetime efficiency number for me appears to be accurate, but none of the other data makes any sense. I can't get any data to come up for the last 7 days, 30 days, or even last 12 months. The website is not processing data very well. The myChevrolet app, on the other hand, appears to have more accurate data under the Vehicle Status screen, but is limited to last full charge, and lifetime.
MyChevrolet app lists my lifetime at 3.4 mi/kWh, but I know that is way low, because in 1500 miles, it has never been that low. After getting it to update, it had my most recent 52 miles about right. It is a clunky app to say the least.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
MyChevrolet app lists my lifetime at 3.4 mi/kWh, but I know that is way low, because in 1500 miles, it has never been that low. After getting it to update, it had my most recent 52 miles about right. It is a clunky app to say the least.
When my car was delivered, the myChevrolet app reported that the lifetime effeciency was 1.2 miles/kWh. I'm sure this low number was due to the extensive amount of time my car spent in QA. The app now shows a lifetime effeciency of 2.7 miles/kWh. The more I drive the car, the more the lifetime number goes up. I average about 3.6 to 3.9 on a charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crazy and inconsistent reports on mychevy android app

It will say my tire pressure is low (35 psi) and then later say it is OK (38 psi) and then the next day it might say it is low again. When it says a tire is low I will go to pump it up and find that it is OK. I will add a couple of pounds anyway, then later it will still tell me it is low and then later still it will say it is OK at 38 psi while my tire gauge says it is at 40 psi. It tells me I am out of range of a charge and the map will show my car as located off the coast of Africa in the ocean. It will tell me my battery is depleted when it is full. When I refresh a few times it will say all is OK. Is there a way to get accurate reports? It will say I am not close enough to use keypass when I am standing next to the car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the same issue with the myChevy app notifying me that the Bolt is off the coast of Africa in the South Atlantic (0deg lat, 0deg long) and that I might be out of range of a charger.

It happens a fair amount.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I have the same issue with the myChevy app notifying me that the Bolt is off the coast of Africa in the South Atlantic (0deg lat, 0deg long) and that I might be out of range of a charger.

It happens a fair amount.
Does that happen when you're in a concrete canyon (i.e., amidst tall buildings where a GPS signal may not get through?). I've never seen that happen, even after parking in underground parkades. Although I don't think I've ever tried to use the app while I was parked in such a place...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does that happen when you're in a concrete canyon (i.e., amidst tall buildings where a GPS signal may not get through?). I've never seen that happen, even after parking in underground parkades. Although I don't think I've ever tried to use the app while I was parked in such a place...
nope, happens pretty randomly car can be parked outside and it still happens. as far as frequency, it happens once or twice a week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts