Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

https://driveelectricweek.org/

Everyone that frequents these boards should be looking for one to attend.

If you are new to EV's and looking for information, they are a great way to talk to owners about their experiences and learn the pros and cons of EV's (in general and often specific models). Many events offer test drives from dealers and/or ride and drives by owners.

If you have an EV, it's a great way to share your experiences with the "EV curious", show off your ride and chat with other owners. Most events are happy to just have you show up with your EV, but would also welcome someone that want to volunteer. Events range from a handful of owners to 1000+ vehicles attending.

I personally find it very rewarding to help people understand EV's. Car dealers are terrible places to learn about any vehicles, but it's worse for EV's. NDEW is a well advertised and supported channel to spread the word. Try it this year. You may find it as enjoyable as I do.

If you don't see one near you - start one!
I started my first year about a month before hand, and was able to get a few dozen EV's from owners as well as a handful of dealers to bring cars and do test drives. The second year (2015), our EV owners had over ONE MILLION collective miles logged.

PM me if you have specific questions, and if you are in the Portland, OR area, I can always use volunteers :D

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Thanks for this post! There IS one near me (Charleston, WV) but, wouldn't you know it, I will be OOT. I'll celebrate at Blackwater Falls State Park with any Tesla owners who might be charging there!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Surprised that with an event as big as these are that there's no big companies sponsoring it because I can already name a few that would love to plaster their name all over these. Same goes for car makers, actually if anything they should be on the forefront of these.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surprised that with an event as big as these are that there's no big companies sponsoring it because I can already name a few that would love to plaster their name all over these. Same goes for car makers, actually if anything they should be on the forefront of these.
Nissan LEAF® is the exclusive automotive sponsor of National Drive Electric Week

Clipper Creek is also a national sponsor.

Each event is free to get other sponsorship, and the larger ones certainly do.

With Nissan as a sponsor and a new model being unveiled Sept 7th, it would be surprising if you didn't see it at at least a few events in select markets ??. Please note that Nissan has NOT announced that any particular car will be at any events, and certainly has not said which ones might have it ??. But, it is likely that your best chance to get a first look at any new offerings from Nissan will be at NDEW events. Another good reason to register for one near you 0:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
We have had one in NH for several years and I attended the last 2 years. I plan on going to the one in VT this year at the recommendation of my local GM service manager, who is as much of an electric car geek as the rest of us. I'll be putting my electric bike on the bike rack on the Bolt. Might as well go all in! :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes, I'll be at the Naperville event. Looking forward to it.
I haven't seen too many other Bolts on the road in the area so be good to connect with everyone.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm still up in the air, about going to either the Palo Alto, or Cupertino events. It will probably come down to which day is more convenient.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The Capital District EV Drivers in upstate NY is holding their Drive Electric Event Sept. 9th at City Hall in Schenectady. What better location than the Electric City. Tremendous amount of history in regards to electricity from Thomas Edison to General Electric, Charles Steinmetz, George Westinghouse, birthplace of TV, too many accomplishments and names to mention. Hope to see some of you there.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is cool and exciting! But still waiting for my Bolt to come. I will just tell my friend about this. Thanks for sharing.
You don't have to have an EV to attend. The primary focus is to share information with those exploring or curious about EV's. It's great to meet and talk with other EV owners, but that is only part of the reason for these events.

Only eight cars registered to participate in Portland, OR, and no Bolts...
It was 8 models and 14 cars, but it's higher now. I fully expect to have 100+ EV's at the event.

Posting on this site was to encourage Bolt owners to register :laugh:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts