Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bolt arrives next month (yippee!), but I now understand that the GPS isn't built in as with my past cars. I love my Lumia 1520 phone running Windows 10, but only see mention of Apple and Android phones driving the nav system. Has anybody tried powering the nav system with a Windows phone? (maybe using HERE Drive?) If successful, how did you do it and do you interface using the screen in the car or the phone?

If for some reason this can't be made to work, what is the next best alternative? Just use my phone as stand alone device?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Only Android and Apple will interact and display maps on the Bolt. With the dwindling market share of Windows phone, the is little hope. (And this is coming from someone that owned and enjoyed a Lumia phone.)

Other than converting to a new phone platform, the only answer is to use the phone independently from the car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I feel your pain, Mike. I'm a Windows fan as well, and had an unlocked Lumia 950. Amazing phone running Windows 10 Mobile. But more and more I was having problems with compatibility. I eventually had to leave the platform and get a Google Pixel XL. While I miss the Lumia, the Android phone works with everything. Apps, Bluetooth music streaming, Android Auto.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Amazing phone running Windows 10 Mobile. But more and more I was having problems with compatibility. I eventually had to leave the platform and get a Google Pixel XL.
In terms of market share, Windows Phone never even reached the kind of market position that Betamax tapes did. Its arc of popularity more closely resembled that of Minidiscs.

With the plethora of phone-dependent tech gadgets being deployed all up and down the marketplace, third-party App support for your phone platform of choice is now indispensable. As such, the writing is clearly on the wall for Windows Phone, and has been for quite some time now. A decision to stick with Windows Phone is one which will exclude you from an ever-expanding market of tech products.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks for your input everyone, disappointing though it is.

Guess I'll be affixing a phone mount when I get the car, at least for the present.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts