Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to check in!
After waiting since last Sept 2017, I'm finally picking up my Black 2018 BOLT Premier today mid afternoon!.:D

I also dropped off a set of Nokian WRG4s which the dealer installed yesterday.
One big difference I noticed with the stock Michelin tires is that how soft the side walls feel compared to the Nokians; I also purchased a set of Michelin X-ice 3s (stock size 215/50R17) and the sidewalls are similar in firmness compared to the Nokians as well. I'm glad I swapped the stock tires out:)

The next step is to have a local auto detailing shop tint the windows and install PPF film on the front bumper, hood, fender, side mirrors, and rear bumper lip.

I'm super excited to take it home today, my first stop will be at a local gas station and troll the people around there. NO just kidding LOL I wont do that! :D

I just want to thank everyone on this forum, this has been my go to site for all the info about this vehicle.
I also noticed that there seems to be a significant Bolt owner population here in the GTA based on this forum.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV Ioniq 5 reservation
1,719 Posts
Welcome aboard. Continue to post. I am especially interested in how the Bolt perception gained prior to acquisition changes with personal experience. In which areas is it better, and in which, not up to expectations? Safe driving. Come visit in WV (when we get DCFC)!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you give us an approx price for the detailing? I’m also GTA and would be interested.
I called one local shop here in Ajax where I live yesterday, it's a place called Autobliss, and they quoted me under $1,300 tax in. I checked out their place and those guys seem very professional and the shop is clean. To me the price seems reasonable, for sure a lot better than having the dealer get a similar shop to install it and mark up the price.:)

Good luck!

Reactions: Torontonian69

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I'm super excited to take it home today, my first stop will be at a local gas station and troll the people around there. NO just kidding LOL I wont do that! :D
So what would that consist of? Pulling up to the pump, getting out, looking around and declaring in a loud voice, "Oh, that's right! I don't NEED any gas!!!" and then high-tailing it out of there...?

I've been to a gas station once or twice in my Bolt when my passenger needed to use the facilities. Nobody really paid me any notice...

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV Ioniq 5 reservation
1,719 Posts
So what would that consist of? Pulling up to the pump, getting out, looking around and declaring in a loud voice, "Oh, that's right! I don't NEED any gas!!!" and then high-tailing it out of there...?

I think you just pull up to the pump and rev the engine! (Or possible just ask the next person in line to show you where to put the gasoline in...)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just took it home.
Holy!!
This car is awesome!!!
Easily is the best car I’ve owned so far.
I’m so in love with it, I’m going to sleep in it tonight. LOL.
It’s going to be plugged in so I’ll have climate control and no fumes to kill me when it’s inside the garage.

I’m going to drive to the gas station pop the hood, pull a rag and pretend to check the oil dip stick. LOL

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just took it home.
Holy!!
This car is awesome!!!
It’s going to be plugged in so I’ll have climate control and no fumes to kill me when it’s inside the garage.

I’m going to drive to the gas station pop the hood, pull a rag and pretend to check the oil dip stick. LOL
Welcome to the awesome club! :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I wave at the gas stations as I pass by.
I stopped by my local gas station a few weeks ago, it was for gas for my quad, with a snow storm on the way I wanted to be prepared.

I won't be buying gas until late spring, when I bring out my Miata for the summer.

Last summer I stopped for fuel about once a month, 40+ mpg's will do that for you.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Congratulations! I’m very excited for you! I’m interested in hearing your narratives and seeing if I read interesting differences between your 2018 model and my 2017 model.
Let us know about the detailing. I’d drive to Ajax for that if the price is that good.

Reactions: Goose

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just took it home.
Holy!!
This car is awesome!!!

C'mon Goose, tell us how you REALLY feel HA HA !! :laugh:

Congratulations !!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice welcome to the family, to be honest the bolt is a secret car no one really knows about it thanks to Tesla. Even at public charging stations people ask what car is it, people often mistake for a normal Chevy hatchback. Looking to get tints too I'm in the GTA as well what are some good recommendations?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations Goose!

Its a fun car to drive. Your other cars will feel the neglect soon;).

Autobliss guys are really great. I have to go back to get my windshield done. I only had the windows and the back done earlier.

Which PPF did you pick, I still debating with myself on PPF v/s ceramic coating v/s combination.

Cheers

Darsh

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congratulations Goose!

Its a fun car to drive. Your other cars will feel the neglect soon;).

Autobliss guys are really great. I have to go back to get my windshield done. I only had the windows and the back done earlier.

Which PPF did you pick, I still debating with myself on PPF v/s ceramic coating v/s combination.

Cheers

Darsh
Thanks Dash!

I just went with the run of the mill suntek ppf film. I hardly ever drive on the 401; my driving is 95% city and I’ll go on the highway once or twice a month.

I went with the standard carbon film, never had experiences with ceramics in the past. David from Autobliss is really good and not pushing me to buy more than I don’t need. :)
Besides, I prefer the dark greenish hue from the carbon tint vs dark blueish of the ceramic.

I have a feeling my current daily driver gas guzzler will gather dust. LOL

·
Registered
741 Posts
Glad to have a new member and owner on the forum,

Hopefully the Bolt treats you just as well as it has for the current line up of owners on this forum.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.