Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Fellow Bolters,

I picked up a 2020 Bolt LT here in SE Michigan yesterday on a lease. MSRP was $39,695.00 and monthly lease is $263 / month for 36 months at 15K / miles a year. I have wanted an electric car ever since I saw an EV1 wizzing past me on a local road many years ago.

Options:
DC fast charge
Comfort & Convenience pkg
Driver Confidence pkg
Interior Protection pkg

Anyway I'm really looking forward to the EV experience and am quite happy with it. One exciting discovery I had coming home is that none of the plugs in my garage are grounded despite having the ground plug so that was cool (and yes, bad on me for not checking that first given that I live in a 1955 ranch haha). I have been plugging into a regular 15 amp outlet in the kitchen which I'm sure my wife is thrilled about. I've started to get bids on a L2 charger since we already have a 40 amp 240v line coming to the garage that previously powered an old air compressor. Does anybody have swear by one brand / model of a charging unit over another? I'm debating between a 32 amp JuiceBox 'Next Generation' and more basic ClipperCreek HCS-40. Let me know what the hivemind thinks of this.

-Tim

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I picked up a 2020 Bolt LT here in SE Michigan yesterday
Congrats. Welcome to the forum. I'm still using the charge cord that came with the Bolt on 240V using an adapter. But I'm not in Michigan where you need to get through winter.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Congrats! Did you pick up the WiFi-enabled model? There are folks on here (and a personal colleague as well) who swear by their customer service - they'll replace it easily within warranty (which I believe is 2 years currently).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep wifi enabled model. It works really well. The one thing I'm curious about though is DTE (local electric utility here in metro Detroit) has an EVSE rebate program but it says it is only eligible with the 'Juicebox Pro 32* ' per DTE Energy | Charging Forward but the site doesn't link to any 'pro' models for the consumer set so I called JuiceBox and their customer service rep said those were discontinued. Anyway, long story short, hopefully I'll be able to get the rebate because that would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is my obligatory Bolt pic that I meant to include earlier on - maybe I could inductively charge it under these 345kV lines next to my house? Hehe :D

Almost one month in to having it and I love driving it, so much fun and responsive. I highly doubt I'll ever go back to having an ICE vehicle!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE -- Just got a confirmation back from local electric utility DTE Energy that the EVSE rebate was approved so I'll be getting a $500 check soon in the mail! Almost covers the cost of the JuiceBox32 :)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Fellow Bolters,

I picked up a 2020 Bolt LT here in SE Michigan yesterday on a lease. MSRP was $39,695.00 and monthly lease is $263 / month for 36 months at 15K / miles a year. I have wanted an electric car ever since I saw an EV1 wizzing past me on a local road many years ago.

Options:
DC fast charge
Comfort & Convenience pkg
Driver Confidence pkg
Interior Protection pkg

Anyway I'm really looking forward to the EV experience and am quite happy with it. One exciting discovery I had coming home is that none of the plugs in my garage are grounded despite having the ground plug so that was cool (and yes, bad on me for not checking that first given that I live in a 1955 ranch haha). I have been plugging into a regular 15 amp outlet in the kitchen which I'm sure my wife is thrilled about. I've started to get bids on a L2 charger since we already have a 40 amp 240v line coming to the garage that previously powered an old air compressor. Does anybody have swear by one brand / model of a charging unit over another? I'm debating between a 32 amp JuiceBox 'Next Generation' and more basic ClipperCreek HCS-40. Let me know what the hivemind thinks of this.

-Tim
I had the lowest priced juice box on Amazon installed I think it was $589 and then I just had DTE approve a rebate of $500 I really like my installer the prices range from 2700 to 1750 in the 1750 was wonderful
I am in Southeast Michigan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the lowest priced juice box on Amazon installed I think it was $589 and then I just had DTE approve a rebate of $500 I really like my installer the prices range from 2700 to 1750 in the 1750 was wonderful
I am in Southeast Michigan
Wow that's a lot, did they have to do a lot of work to install the EVSE?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts