Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my first Bolt yesterday.

My Bolt impressions relative to my eGolf, which I have had for a year:
  1. Much bigger than and and peppier (above 40mph) than my eGolf.
  2. Nice to be able to drive across the city and back in an EV for a change. Will have to plan L2 charging as Bolt takes more than a couple hours to get from 30% to 80%.
  3. Absolutely towers over the eGolf. Same backseat room but much more room overall.
  4. Bolt AC is 10x more effective.
  5. Bolt is a bit more “plasticy”.
  6. HHHAAAAAAATTE the Bolt shifter and I mean passionately, without reservations (and I had a BMW with iDrive that I hated as well)
  7. Seats in both are Spartan but fine- well, my whiny, supersoft 14yr old son likes the eGolf backseats more as it has an armrest.
  8. Does GM have a good reason for not including Homelink?
  9. Bolt feels like 2-3x better vehicle in general

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome to the Bolt family and thanks for sharing your side-by-side comparisons to the e-golf!

I personally couldn't believe how much interior space the Bolt had compared to my prior mid-size sedan.

I had a similar visceral reaction to the shifter, but after a couple of weeks it felt natural.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Get a "keychain" HomeLink remote and stick it somewhere unobtrusive. Mine is inside the back edge of the drivers door-pocket, using auto-grade velcro.
This will cost about 20% of what you would pay a dealer for a HomeLink Option from the car manufacturer.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I was looking for a "keychain" HomeLink remote and spotted this cigarette lighter remote. Also adds 2 USB plugs. Looks like an interesting option.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My Bolt impressions relative to my eGolf, which I have had for a year
Do you miss the thing where the VW locks the charging cable in place and you need to walk around the car 3 times and wiggle a rubber chicken over the rear fender while clicking the KEYFOB and opening the drivers door to make it release when you're in a hurry to leave the house?

Our other car is an eGolf - I pray every night that we'll wake up to an asteroid having struck it through the hood.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you miss the thing where the VW locks the charging cable in place and you need to walk around the car 3 times and wiggle a rubber chicken over the rear fender while clicking the KEYFOB and opening the drivers door to make it release when you're in a hurry to leave the house?

Our other car is an eGolf - I pray every night that we'll wake up to an asteroid having struck it through the hood.
I have heard anecdotes but have so far been lucky enough not to experience that issue. The eGolf is a VW and therefore will have electrical gremlins at some point. I had a Passat which, after 6 years, automatically rolled all windows down AND honked the horn when I went over 30mph.

i still really love the eGolf for its simplicity and the fact it is basically “just a Golf”. My wife has already announced that the Bolt will be hers from now on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does GM have a good reason for not including Homelink?
If you happen to use CarPlay you might find it worth getting a HomeKit-compatible garage door opener. You’ll then see a button pop up on the screen to open/close your door when you’re near your house.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts