Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to say hi - picked up my 2020 yesterday. I'm actually coming from a Model X (had another X and an S before that), but life has changed, and I'm hardly driving. Seemed silly to pay so much for a car that spends 99% of the time in the garage. So, started looking for a replacement, but really wanted to stay electric. The incentives they're offering on the Bolt right now (particularly if you happen to be in NJ) are crazy!

MSRP 44,130. After Costco rebate and Chevy incentives, and a single pay lease, my effective cost is about $60/month or $2K over the life of the lease. Crazy - practically free!

Look forward to learning more about the Bolt from you all!

-Jeffrey

·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier Nightfall Gray
429 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy your Bolt.

You are most definitely in rarified air, not many Tesla > Bolt buyers. Usually the other way around.

Crazy deal you got! At that price, how can you say no?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, I know...lol. The entire lease for 36 months is about 2 months of Tesla lease payments, so will "break even" pretty quickly! I was really surprised there was no 220 charging hardware with the car. Was expecting something like Tesla has that can be used for 110/220. Don't really want to invest 599 in a chevy charger, so going to see what else I can find.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier Nightfall Gray
429 Posts
The OEM charger can be used on 220V with adapters. It is a GM branded Clipper Creek unit that was bundled with Opel Ampera-e in other parts of the world where 240V is standard.

It will only yield 2.88kW (12A) on 240V, but that is 2X the L1 speed.

If you still have a Tesla wall unit, you could get a Tesla-Tap or Jdapter and use that, it will give you up to 7.2 kW (Bolt limit on AC).

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The incentives they're offering on the Volt right now (particularly if you happen to be in NJ) are crazy!

MSRP 44,130. After Costco rebate and Chevy incentives, and a single pay lease, my effective cost is about $60/month or $2K over the life of the lease. Crazy - practically free!

Look forward to learning more about the Bolt from you all!

-Jeffrey
Assume you Bolt.

Wish we saw those kind of deals here in WA. Couple of times, I've taken posts such as this to my local dealer and they flatly deny such a contract ever happened. "GM doesn't give cars away. Don't know what else to tell you."

jack vines

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny - that's basically what this dealer told me, but I knew from leasehackr.com that people are able to get these deals. They were trying to give me a money factor of 0.00053 instead of 0.00001 as it's supposed to be on a one-pay lease. Claimed it was a GM computer, and that's what it gave them. Told them I was leaving. The manager came back with a deal 900 bucks lower than I had already received from another dealer (I didn't want to have to go to that dealer, as they're not closeby). Ended up with a $7100 drive off, and then I'll get my $5000 rebate from NJ.

From what I can see, dealers know nothing about these cars. They were insisting on putting on the NJ inspection sticker, which isn't required on EVs in NJ. Said he never heard that and that he had to give me the sticker. Thankfully got him to agree not to affix it. :)

Happy to share a redacted copy of my contract with anyone trying to get a similar deal and meeting resistance.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm from NJ as well, went from a 2017 Bolt lease to a 2020 purchase.

I didn't know that inspection stickers weren't required on EVs in NJ, I should rip mine off! :)

Good luck getting your $5k from the state. I applied in early June and my application was accepted, but I'm still waiting for the check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck getting your $5k from the state. I applied in early June and my application was accepted, but I'm still waiting for the check.
I was a little worried about this, as I had seen the budget for the fund had been slashed post-COVID. However, I contacted them yesterday and was told as of now, they're still rebating as normal. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
641 Posts
When I leased my Bolt in August of 2018 I was told rebate checks were typically issued within 75 days of application approval. I don't recall how long it actually took but I believe it was about that long.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was a little worried about this, as I had seen the budget for the fund had been slashed post-COVID. However, I contacted them yesterday and was told as of now, they're still rebating as normal. Fingers crossed!
I know they're still issuing them, but you may have to wait 3 - 6 months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Funny - that's basically what this dealer told me, but I knew from leasehackr.com that people are able to get these deals. They were trying to give me a money factor of 0.00053 instead of 0.00001 as it's supposed to be on a one-pay lease. Claimed it was a GM computer, and that's what it gave them. Told them I was leaving. The manager came back with a deal 900 bucks lower than I had already received from another dealer (I didn't want to have to go to that dealer, as they're not closeby). Ended up with a $7100 drive off, and then I'll get my $5000 rebate from NJ.

From what I can see, dealers know nothing about these cars. They were insisting on putting on the NJ inspection sticker, which isn't required on EVs in NJ. Said he never heard that and that he had to give me the sticker. Thankfully got him to agree not to affix it. :)

Happy to share a redacted copy of my contract with anyone trying to get a similar deal and meeting resistance.
Heading to the dealership tomorrow. Would love to know what the terms of your lease deal were. They have offered me $12,000 off MSRP on top of the $3000 Costco discount. I feel like its a great deal, but not sure if I should lease or buy... Any advice would be appreciated. Can't wait to drive my new car. Eight years in a minivan - ditching the beast!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts