Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will arrive on the 16th in Nightfall grey. Upgrading from a 2015 Chevy Spark ev that I put 90k miles on 81 miles at a time. (still get my 81 miles of range if I drive like grandma.)
I live in the desert so the battery cooling system Chevy uses is a must have.

Is there anything I should know or be aware of with the 2020 Bolt?
Thanks

·
1,862 Posts
Probably only that you will be blown away by the range coming from a Spark. Otherwise, it should seem pretty familiar to you.

Welcome, enjoy your new Bolt!

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
791 Posts
Thanks
For a 2020, check the manufacturing date on the sticker in the door frame. Then check the health of your 12V battery. Cars that sit on dealer lots for a long time (not just EVs, but also ICE vehicles) may have 12V battery issues if the dealer never bothered to start the car or charge the 12V batteries.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Will arrive on the 16th in Nightfall grey. Upgrading from a 2015 Chevy Spark ev that I put 90k miles on 81 miles at a time. (still get my 81 miles of range if I drive like grandma.)
I live in the desert so the battery cooling system Chevy uses is a must have.

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.

So, you're getting a "Used" New 2020, too, eh? :cool:
(advertised new, but was actually used with 1,545 miles on it because the dealership used it as a Courtesy Shuttle. So, they had to sell it as Used, but I got the New Car Warranty starting 5/26)

Same color as mine too.

Hmm, did you buy it in Byron, GA? ;) :LOL:

I've had mine for 15 days. And, other than the front seats can be very uncomfortable for some (I'm using a folded hand towel, but after reading another post in reply to the seats, I just ordered the Air-Flex seat cushion), some road bumps can be very abrupt and jarring, and getting use to no Engine noise (you don't start an EV, it turn it On; it took me a long time to get use to push-button Starting (50+ years of turning a key is a hard habit to break). So, that was easy to transition to pressing the Power On/Off button), I'm liking the car a lot.

But, still learning my way around the Owners Manual (just resetting the Trip meter can be challenging).

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt and all Tesla models owned by me and my family
446 Posts
Probably only that you will be blown away by the range coming from a Spark. Otherwise, it should seem pretty familiar to you.

Welcome, enjoy your new Bolt!
And definitely not very happy with efficiency in the cold weather condition....
But overall it is still better than ICE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts