Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
He means the fact that the beltline lights (i.e. the big ones high up on the hatch) are only running lights, while the small lights lower in the bumper are the ones that actually light to up indicate braking.
Thanks
I’ll have to check that out. Have not seen the brake lights work from the driver seat.

but I think the world will keep turning

·
Registered
952 Posts
What’s this issue with the brake lights?
I find nothin with search.
Something wrong with 21brake lights?
I see no issues

you mean not coming on with regen? I read that’s not really supposed to happen
I believe my 2017 and 2020 the big ones lit up for the brakes, the lower ones lit up if hatch was open when driving. When did it change.
they changed the "idea" with new headlights.

Now, the big lamps in the back function as the driving/parking lights, while brake lights are the small rectangles in the bumper and the 3rd up on the hatch.

There was someone here on the forum saying they got rear ended as the car behind did not see brake lights.
Also, one more had a problem with Police as they could not believe the brakes are down there, not the main lamps.

So, if one was to ask me, it is a plainly stupid design. Comparable, to me, with moving the driver front airbag to the center console. Ridiculous and pointless.

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Bolt EV
158 Posts
The only differences worth mentioning are the ventilated seats and the Super Cruise.
If they added the Super Cruise 2 it is worth the 4k.
That one didn't have Super Cruise. SC was another C$2k if I remember right. It had everything else though: ventilated front seat, heated rear seats, ACC, built-in nav etc etc.

Wanted to test drive SC but the dealer didn't have any available. I was lucky enough to get my EV one week before the stop sale.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I saw that too. My dealer has been waiting 3 weeks for the factory to "pick up" my order. Seems like if they wait too long the factory will have to switch over to 2023 models before I ever get my 2022! Then what!?

As for the "redline" version, it just seems kinda sad... GM busy changing the stitching while they're only selling pitiful numbers of any EV models. By contrast, Ford seems to be really taking the EV thing to heart. Mary Barra is just busy telling stockholders what they want to hear. Mark Reuss seems a lot smarter, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if GM gets a handle on it all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw that too. My dealer has been waiting 3 weeks for the factory to "pick up" my order. Seems like if they wait too long the factory will have to switch over to 2023 models before I ever get my 2022! Then what!?

As for the "redline" version, it just seems kinda sad... GM busy changing the stitching while they're only selling pitiful numbers of any EV models. By contrast, Ford seems to be really taking the EV thing to heart. Mary Barra is just busy telling stockholders what they want to hear. Mark Reuss seems a lot smarter, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if GM gets a handle on it all.
Yes very disappointed that it’s only cosmetic additions! They have had time to develop some real changes during the stop sale…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Black Bolt EV Premier
1,242 Posts
Oh yay….red stitching and red badging. Big whoop…..🙄

Well you know the saying about a fool and their money are soon parted.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet Bolt LT Summit White
75 Posts
To be fair I'm not sure they can do much with performance without redistributing some weight, adding a rear motor, or putting some super wide performance tires on them. I can light my tires up pretty easy as it is.

I miss the old Saturn Red/Green lines that actually had some performance tweaks. Re-using the redline branding for just an appearance package does seem disingenuous but that's legacy car makers, gotta compete with plaid if in nothing else but in fancy names.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts