Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
E) My only complaint with GM in this process was that they showed no interest in getting the dealer to detail the Bolt while they had it. I hated having to park that car outside over the past few months, and I feel like GM owes us all a wax job.

GM should at least give us some reimbursement for all the car washes we have to pay for since we have to park outside.
Dealerships almost always wash a car after being serviced, if no more than a quick one. Even for simple oil changes. When they replaced my battery you can bet they didn’t wash it. It’s all good, I’ll wash it myself.

·
Registered
173 Posts
@vex - I choose to drive that far because that particular dealer specializes in Bolts. They've put out a few emails and posts over the past few months stressing that they are committed to specializing in EVs, and that their employees own about ten Bolts between them and that none of them had chosen a buyback.

It's also where I purchased mine originally, because they always have a lot of Bolts in stock. That allowed me to get the CPO service done while it was there, which basically amounted to a free tire rotation. I assume there were a few dealers here in Metro Atlanta I could have taken it to, but I preferred taking it to somewhere that has a little more experience with the car.
Good call. I’m pretty sure my battery only got replaced because of a user on here who pointed me to a dealership that was doing them regularly. I have another post on it but I went through 7 dealerships before I found one willing to help me. They weren’t really friendly or glad I was there, but they did the job.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My 2019 Bolt has been sitting at the dealership Dan Cummins at Paris Kentucky for over a month.
They have not gotten a single battery yet.
While others have gotten theirs replaced and they're working on 2017 now?! Bullsh*t!
Can you get it back? You might be able to find a dealership that can do it. But the majority of them seem unwilling or unable, with no interest in investing in the tools required.

Maybe we can connect you with other owners in Kentucky who have had the work done so they can point you to a functional dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts