Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Bought my Bolt at Donohoo, it's a 100 mile drive but planning on taking it there for all it's service. The know the Bolt and care, local dealers don't. One of them took 3 days to put a half a cup of coolant in my Volt, probably take them a year to do a Bolt battery replacement - but only if they already had the battery!

Hopefully GM is watching the dealers have customers drive by their location to go to another location for service.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My 2019 Bolt has been sitting at the dealership Dan Cummins at Paris Kentucky for over a month.
They have not gotten a single battery yet.
While others have gotten theirs replaced and they're working on 2017 now?! Bullsh*t!
Can you get it back? You might be able to find a dealership that can do it. But the majority of them seem unwilling or unable, with no interest in investing in the tools required.

Maybe we can connect you with other owners in Kentucky who have had the work done so they can point you to a functional dealership.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
My 2019 Bolt has been sitting at the dealership Dan Cummins at Paris Kentucky for over a month.
While others have gotten theirs replaced and they're working on 2017 now?! Bullsh*t!
Do they have all the tools and equipment?

Have they actually ordered the pack? Pages 3 and 4 of the bulletin at New version (revision 01) of battery replacement... have the ordering procedure.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can you get it back? You might be able to find a dealership that can do it. But the majority of them seem unwilling or unable, with no interest in investing in the tools required.

Maybe we can connect you with other owners in Kentucky who have had the work done so they can point you to a functional dealership.
Just had my battery replaced at Rod Hatfield in Lexington.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey, my 2019 "bricked" on July 25and I got it back, with a new battery, on October 29!

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT, 2021 Bolt LT
28 Posts
Oh no! I bought our 2020 Bolt at Dan Cummins in Georgetown in March 2021. I was assured that they had EV techs to support repairs. Their sales department was super. No fast talk, honored all of the rebates, plus a good dealer discount. I'll drop in for a visit this week to see if they have a plan.

Just had my battery replaced at Rod Hatfield in Lexington
That's great news about their service department. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT, 2021 Bolt LT
28 Posts
Bought my Bolt at Donohoo, it's a 100 mile drive but planning on taking it there for all it's service. The know the Bolt and care,
I purchased our 2021 Bolt from Donohoo in April, and had them ship it to us. They were super to work with. I'm not surprised that they are "all over" the battery swap process.
Someone posted on another thread about inconsistent dealer support being the problem for battery swaps. We may need a list of dealers by state that will swap batteries. Or is that info already in another thread?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Seems like everything they are selling with a new battery will have a branded title. I have a hard time with their 21k - 25k price for a branded title car.

Thoughts?
The branded title will be on those cars that were repurchased by GM. Some, but not all, of the cars that they have were repurchased by GM (and prominently marked as "reacquired" on the web site listing).

·
Registered
2 Posts
The branded title will be on those cars that were repurchased by GM. Some, but not all, of the cars that they have were repurchased by GM (and prominently marked as "reacquired" on the web site listing).
So, you're talking about - 2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV Reacquired Premier VS 2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV LT.

If it gets a new battery at that dealer it won't be branded if it wasn't "reacquired?"

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
So, you're talking about - 2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV Reacquired Premier VS 2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV LT.

If it gets a new battery at that dealer it won't be branded if it wasn't "reacquired?"
A car that was not repurchased by GM (i.e. acquired by the dealer in one of the usual ways like trade-in or through a typical used car auction) would not have a branded title due to the GM repurchase that it did not go through.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
I have a hard time with their 21k - 25k price for a branded title car.
I hadn't heard the term "branded title" before. For those like me who wonder what the heck it is, Google tells me it's a "brand" (in the sense of a cattle brand) such as "salvage", "rebuilt", "hail damage", "flood damage" that's applied to the car's title and which shows up whenever you query it. I was familiar with the terms, but hadn't heard of the generic name for them before.

·
Registered
2021 Nightfall Gray Metallic Bolt Premier
695 Posts
I seem to remember GM saying they don't consider these actual "lemon law" returns but are using the lemon law as a state by state guide to return or replace the cars. Wrong?
If GM doesn't consider them lemon law vehicles there wouldn't be a salvage title would they?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I seem to remember GM saying they don't consider these actual "lemon law" returns but are using the lemon law as a state by state guide to return or replace the cars. Wrong?
If GM doesn't consider them lemon law vehicles there wouldn't be a salvage title would they?
Technically, what GM is doing is "voluntary buybacks" rather than formal lemon law proceedings. However, even a voluntary buyback will leave the title branded.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts