Registered
52 Posts
Made me LOL

Reactions: n1acguy

·
Registered
2018 Bolt Premium with every option
181 Posts
Is turbo charging a new type of fast charging? Great idea!
Some mundane electric appliance used "turbo" to hype it up, and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Not Altzheimers, but definitely sometimers :eek:

·
Registered
2017 Bolt LT
162 Posts
Some mundane electric appliance used "turbo" to hype it up, and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Not Altzheimers, but definitely sometimers :eek:
Back in the PC thru 486 days, a lot of computers had "turbo" modes that cranked the clock up just a little. Not enough to notice, usually, but occasionally enough to overheat something.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Back in the PC thru 486 days, a lot of computers had "turbo" modes that cranked the clock up just a little. Not enough to notice, usually, but occasionally enough to overheat something.
I thought he was talking about the "Turbo-Tater", a thing that you can drop a potato in on the top and it'll slice it up, fry it, salt it, and serve out fresh french fries out the side.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt Premium with every option
181 Posts
That was it! I always thought it was just some marketing silliness.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier
955 Posts
My understanding of the “Turbo” button in those days is that turning it on makes the computer operate at its intended speed (not faster, i.e. overclock) and turning it off slows it down so that older software relying on CPU’s clock frequency for timing purposes can work without things going too fast for the user.

Back in the 90s I did own 286 and 486 computers that had that button, so I had personal experiences with the function. Some games made for “IBM PC XT” (8088) needed that button turned off to make the speed reasonable.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
This bad-boy had Turbos too.... remember "hit the turbos Dom!!"? :cool:

Sky Aircraft Rotorcraft Vehicle Helicopter

1 - 20 of 30 Posts