Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier, 2020 Bolt Premier
250 Posts
Ouch!

Do you know why it isn't charging beyond 25%? My guess would be an issue with the voltage of a single 'cell' diverging from the rest. If that is the case they could likely just replace the section containing the weak 'cell'.

I hope it works out for you quickly.

·
Registered
8,835 Posts
Check the coolant levels, a common battery swap problem is failure to properly flush and then refill the coolant for the battery's thermal management system which will result in error codes and the car's refusal to do things like charge.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coolant levels were good, the battery indicator would always be grey, not the usual green when needing to charge. I could run it down to 10% then only charge to 25%. Grey the whole time, will update when I know more, just a bummer with high gas prices but GM is giving me a rental and picking up the gas tab.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Coolant levels were good, the battery indicator would always be grey, not the usual green when needing to charge. I could run it down to 10% then only charge to 25%. Grey the whole time, will update when I know more, just a bummer with high gas prices but GM is giving me a rental and picking up the gas tab.

Happening to a lot of us right now who got the recall done. Glad to hear they are paying for gas on top of the rental. Some of us are getting stiffed completely

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Wow. Initially was waiting to get my battery replaced to maximize the warranty period. Now I'm concerned that GM has some other systemic issues with respect to the Bolt. Did they bring the programming inhouse and are struggling to reverse engineer the original code. Some of this I'm guessing is part of their attempt at "advanced diagnostics". With cars becoming bricks and 2019's can't plug in, makes one wonder. But hey, they got rid of those pesky fires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts