Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that new, leased the car almost a month ago, so much of an improvement vs the Nissan Leaf I used to have.

Now just waiting for the darn, HOV stickers to arrive!!

Reactions: DaV8or

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Not that new, leased the car almost a month ago, so much of an improvement vs the Nissan Leaf I used to have.

Now just waiting for the darn, HOV stickers to arrive!!
Welcome! Sadly, the stickers seem to take forever. Mine did anyhow... :(

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm amazed people tolerate those HOV stickers in CA. They look like they'd be hard to remove too. Why they couldn't just put something in your windows like those Garfield dolls? Would keep your paint clean. I mean, don't those stickers at some point expire even if they follow the car? I'd hate to imagine removing them without harming the paint.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm amazed people tolerate those HOV stickers in CA. They look like they'd be hard to remove too. Why they couldn't just put something in your windows like those Garfield dolls? Would keep your paint clean. I mean, don't those stickers at some point expire even if they follow the car? I'd hate to imagine removing them without harming the paint.
They go on the bumper. Yes they're annoying, but I figure I can easily take them off and the residue eventually if need be. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of cases where I use it, but I know that when I do I'll be glad of it.

I was lucky on these, I got my car from a sleepy dealership in a nearby town, and what they do is order the stickers every time they get a car in, so I had them install and I drove off with my stickers.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
They do suck. The DMV made them as ugly as possible and then try to force you to put three of them on just to rub it in! :mad: I refused and only put the one on the rear and not on the sides. I also put it on the black plastic instead of the paint. Hopefully the plastic doesn't fade too bad by 2022 when I'll be taking it off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations!

What kind of "blue" did you get?
That's right, I forgot there's another light blue, mine is Kinetic, sig updated too.

They do suck. The DMV made them as ugly as possible and then try to force you to put three of them on just to rub it in! :mad: I refused and only put the one on the rear and not on the sides. I also put it on the black plastic instead of the paint. Hopefully the plastic doesn't fade too bad by 2022 when I'll be taking it off.
The PHEVs get yet another sticker they get to put in the front bumper as well.

As for me, I honestly am not bothered by the stickers.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts