Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats! I traded in my Sierra Denali in Feb of 2017 for a 17 Chevy Volt. It's been so awesome that I've put in for a 2018 Bolt! Waiting impatiently in Sarnia Ontario. :)

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Then again, my previous car was a smartcar.
I kind of liked the Smart concept, but when I came to putting my money down I bought a Prius C because it actually used less gas than the Smart and it came with seating for up to 3 more people. And it was almost as easy to park.

And now the Prius C has given way to the Bolt. Couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Contratulations! There’s everything to like in this car. I sound like a broken record but I have only raving reviews. The latest is that I have travelled with family by plane and left the Bolt behind, on an open parking lot near the airport. My spouse who’s still like me on the first week, fearful with range anxiety, was worried we’d not have enough range to go back home. We just need to drive the car 55km. When we parked there was 238km left LOL. What I find it cool is that the app has shown me only 2km daily for reconditioning. We go back tomorrow and we still have 230km left. I even joked today saying when we return tomorrow, we can actually drive 100km to shop further south and will still make it home up north ok.
My spouse is again extremely impressed and said our second car will be another Bolt. Kids love it too.
And if we want a big road trip we’ll just rent something big.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations!

What dealer did you go with? Do you know what allocation number you were? I'm still waiting for mine. I'm 5 of 10. My dealership has only received 2 so far. I put my deposit down 8 months ago. Waiting is getting hard!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was 7th in line in Feb 2017 when I put my money down. As the list shrunk, so did the months in 2017. I was put 1st for 2018 as a result.

My dealer is Jim, at Old Mill in Toronto. I found him to be the nicest car dealer I have ever had.

Fed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Congrats on your new bolt. I am also in Toronto, I ordered a bolt premier in early February 2018 through humberview. We had spot number 5 on their pre-order list. I just found out today that our bolt has been scheduled a build date for the last 2 weeks of April. The hardest part was choosing between Cajun red and kinetic Blue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had high expectations for my Bolt. I put my money down 13 months ago. Finally got one. It exceeds my expectations. Then again, my previous car was a smartcar. I feel like a grown-up.
I kind of liked the Smart concept, but when I came to putting my money down I bought a Prius C because it actually used less gas than the Smart and it came with seating for up to 3 more people. And it was almost as easy to park.

And now the Prius C has given way to the Bolt. Couldn't be happier!
I went Smart fortwo diesel >> Prius c >> Bolt, so I've had all three :)

When I bought my Smart car, I did not think an affordable EV with decent range would only be 10 years away. I still routinely get the "future is here" feeling.

Now I'm working on saving for a ground source heat pump to push my scope 1 emissions all the way to zero.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was 7th in line in Feb 2017 when I put my money down. As the list shrunk, so did the months in 2017. I was put 1st for 2018 as a result.

My dealer is Jim, at Old Mill in Toronto. I found him to be the nicest car dealer I have ever had.

Fed
Wow, when I put my deposit for a 2018 down with Old Mill last July they told me that they had 10 allocations for 2017. I have to say I'm not too thrilled to hear that they didn't fill the 2017 allocations then bumped me down the 2018 list as a result. I would have gone to another dealer, and probably would've already had a Bolt by now. I'm getting worried that the Ontario EV rebate may disappear before I get my Bolt. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts