Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I near bought the Premier but ended up with the LT instead.
i test drove the Premier and only sat on the Lt and hated the cloth seats

Installed Leather seats from katzkin and it looks the same quality. Katzkin might even be better.

I traded in my 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey that had surround cameras, adaptive cruise control and Bose speakers
Sound wanst anything great but wasnt bad. i have not had a stock sound for several years and forgot how bad it is :(

i miss the surround cameras and the ACC.

And .. i really hate the stock speakers and USB audio. Playing sirius XM it sounds pretty good most of the times (for Pop and Rock i listen mostly) but spotify and (from Android Auto) and USB sounds very bad. Not only it sounds distorted but low volume.

I tested all sort of MP3 and WAV combination to test the onboard DAC. No matter what rate sample i use, the result is the same.
Then i tested using my high quality Media recorder (can record/play 1-bit) and using the headphone output it will sound just the same as the USB.
Then i tested the Line Out (its amplified) and WOW. now it sounds near as good as Sirius XM (if not the same)

In short, this car needs a Amplifier along the obvious speakers change. i dont like big sub-woofers as i prefer the sound stage experience.

i will get over the surround cameras and i am already used to not seeing the front of the car.

its kind of funny, but driving this car is as fun as it was driving the VW GTI. I traded it for the Infiniti cause i had back problems and getting in and out was painful.

My wife had, in the past, a Toyota RAV4 EV and a ford C-Max Energy Plugin. Neither were fun to drive.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Welcome mazoni, and great post. I enjoyed reading your story and the review you gave. It is good to hear a sound buff putting the Bolt sound system through its paces. Your description couldn't be more true of my own experience. There is something crazy fun about driving that car that makes you want to just keep going. I think you will enjoy the forum and the people here, they have a lot of experience to learn from. Congrats on the new Bolt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts