Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. Just last Saturday I purchased a 17 CPO premier with 24k miles after driving the i3 Rex for 3 years.
My first impression was that the Bolt has slightly better torque than the i3. Also I had the Rex which is slightly slower than the i3 BEV. Yes at first I thought the Bolt looked a bit cheaper (it is) than the i3 in the materials that are used inside. But I could never get used to the door system or how the i3 looked from the back. I hated the sound the Rex made. I also prefer the seats in terms of comfort in the Bolt. The i3 had real thin seats. Thinner than the bolt.
My i3 had the HK audio and the Bolt has the Bose. I'm not a big fan of Bose but I was pleasantly surprised.
I stopped buying new cars some 15 years ago. My i3 was purchased used and so is the bolt.
Oh yes, the Bolt IMHO handles much better than the i3. The i3 tires always felt wobbly at even slightly sharper turns, like they were coming out of the rims. The Bolt handles much better.
The Bolt IMHO has much less cabin noise, wind noise on the freeways. I could hear a motorcycle or a truck from a distance. The Bolt is not really quiet but much better than the i3.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome! I was scared away from used i3s by all the “weird” stuff about it - unusual narrow tires, carbon fiber bodywork, suicide doors - and the potential for luxury car repair prices for any issues with the non-EV bits. The Bolt comes across more as a normal car that’s also an EV, and so far that’s held true for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Beautiful!! I have the same car same color and same year. I also bought mine used CPO with 29k miles. The recall thing had me scared for a while (even thought about selling it) but I am too attached to it now lol.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I also came from an i3 REX to a Bolt. Did't really like the skinny tires on the i3 and I wanted more range. Both of these were satisfied with the Bolt. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!

I had a '19 i3 (REX) that got totalled in April and replaced it with a 2021 Premier. I'm extremely pleased so far at 3K miles in.

The i3 was a blast to drive and I loved that it was RWD. That said, I feel like the Bolt is a better car. Real tires, incredible range, regular doors, the armrest is comfortable, and the windows don't rattle like my i3 did (BWM could never truly fix that problem). The Bolt is a much less "choppy" ride which I like - still feels tight though! I did order the dongle so I could have wireless Carplay (works like a charm). I do keep it in Sport mode as I prefer that throttle response - but I've learned to control not blasting off the line (unless I want to). Best of all - I got it for a steal of a price!

Enjoy!!! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm happy to hear your thoughts. I was thinking of getting a used I3 Rex prior to leasing my Bolt. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome!! I love my 2021 bought new.... Best investment to date (as far as cars go)... since March I estimate I have saved over $200 a month in gas alone....
Go Bolt Nation!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts