Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I picked up my Summit White Bolt EV LT w/ both packages & DCFC this past weekend.

I have been driving it a few days now for work (65 miles round trip), and I'm amazed with the Range I get, Plus the Regen back to the battery. I love getting back home with more mile range then when i left the office (usually +10miles). I assume most of my regen comes from being stuck in traffic on the freeways.
I wont be charging at home, only at work and public stations. I mapped out most free charging stations near me before making the purchase. Just cant seemed to find many free DCFC stations in so cal.

Cant wait for my carpool lane decals to arrive to shave some time off my 1:30hr commute!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on your acquisition!

Where are you in SoCal? Your Chevy dealer may have a free DCFC.
I'm in Carson area, I checked a few dealerships around me none had free DCFC.

It would be great if all Chevy dealerships would have free charging stations.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, I missed that one, added to my free locations. thanks
I commute to Diamond Bar. I currently charging at the near by Metrolink station for free.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Please remember that many (most?) Chevy dealers which put in “Level 2” EVSE (meaning voltage = 206 instead of 110) put in 16 amp (12 range miles per charging hour) and not 32 amp (24 rmpch) units. Do NOT trust the Chevy Dealer unit to provide what the Charge Point/ Juice Box 40/ Siemens VersiCharge/ Clipper Creek units will!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts