Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Bolt LT in Gray with DCFC a couple of weeks ago. Current lease deals in California are so crazy it'll make your head spin.

So crazy that I was able to convince the wife to get a Bolt LT in Mosaic Black with zero options a few days later.

I had a 2014 Fiat 500E for the past 3 years, and found myself really enjoying the EV driving experience. I've always been into cars, and enjoyed doing all my own maintenance and repairs. Oil changes were a fun thing to look forward to every few months, getting a family member or friend's rides up to maintenance with air filters, belts, and fluid changes was something fun to do. I never expected that I'd enjoy driving an EV - I got the Fiat mainly for the HOV use, plus my office at the time had a parking waitlist that was based on seniority. The next person in line on that waitlist had started working in the company in 1984 - and I had just joined in 2014. But, if you got an EV, you could jump the line, plus there was free L2 charging stations, and they waived the $50 monthly parking fee. Getting an EV was a nobrainer for those purposes alone.

After driving the Fiat 500e, I found the EV driving experience to be so calm and relaxing, especially in LA traffic. I tried convincing the wife to get one too, but she hated the ergonomics, the size, and the range was borderline.

Fast forward 3 years - I returned the Fiat 500e earlier this year, and picked up a used Prius Plug In for the HOV access until my Tesla Model 3 would supposedly arrive. I was a day 1, pre-reveal waitlister and have been obsessively reading every Model 3 tidbit I could. But with the recent delays, and the latest HOV access rules in CA, I realized that maybe the Model 3 wasn't the right car for me. The main thing is that HOV access is only given for 3 years, which really makes a lease a better option. Leasing a Model 3 would be next to impossible for the early production, and honestly I've lost a lot of confidence in Tesla's ability to mass produce the car, adequately service it, and availability of supercharging once the market is flooded with Teslas.

I had my eyes on the Bolt for awhile, and kept track of the lease prices. This month, the pricing got to the point where it was a no-brainer, so I jumped on it and picked up the Gray one. When I got the Bolt, I asked my wife to take it to work for one day to see how she would like it. She enjoyed the higher seating position, the Android Auto, the lack of range anxiety, and the part that really sold her was the zoom and zip.

So there you have it - we now have two Bolt LTs in the house for the next 3 years.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Mind letting us all in on your lease deal? I'm frequently floored by the awesome incentives CA throws at EV buyers. Just read on the forum that you can have a $37k Bolt LT for $17k (including sales tax) in the near future with upcoming incentives and assuming the federal tax credit lives on.

Best WA could give was no sales tax and CARB-incentivised discounts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts