Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove home my "Kinetic Blue" Bolt (Premier) yesterday. Dealer experience was mixed. I felt like I knew more about the car than the sales consultant, but now that I bought the car I am overwhelmed by the features. I didn't receive the home charger or hitch yet, not sure if that's on the dealer or GM for not having the parts available. The biggest mistake was not having the car fully charged. Seriously? Would they let a Silverado leave the lot without gas in it? I did get complimented on the car by the service manager after they did the state inspection, which actually made my day.

I'm wondering if the dealer system is going to hold back the Bolt (other than Tesla's, but the Model 3). The Bolt is one of the most awarded cars in the country right now and Mass. is a rebate state, but it was tucked back in the corner of the showroom. On the other hand three area dealers had cars in stock. Too early to judge?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Congrats!
The blue is super sharp.

I've purchased three plug-in vehicles since 2012... the Plug-in-Prius had a completely flat traction battery when I picked it up at the Toyota dealership, the 2014 Volt only had a partial charge when I picked it up from the Chevy Dealership... but at least the Bolt had a full charge when I picked that up two weeks ago.

At this point, you're probably correct inferring that the early Bolt buyers know more about the vehicles than the sales staff.

Good luck with the Bolt!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Congrats on the new Bolt!

I find that Bolt buyers like to do their research first and most dealerships aren't really all that eager to sell EVs. Forums like these also help for real world information from current owners.

Wait...If you don't have an EVSE installed yet, what will you do when your Bolt runs low on power?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I didn't receive the home charger or hitch yet, not sure if that's on the dealer or GM for not having the parts available.
The car is delivered with a 120V EVSE. In my case, it was in a big zip-top bag in the rear trunk underneath the floor panel. Have you had a look there?
Also try looking in the "spare tire" area - there's a foam filler there that serves no purpose other than being a storage place for the EVSE, so perhaps your dealer went the extra mile and stored it there. As already asked, it seems quite crazy to deliver an EV with no way to charge it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, should have mentioned the 240V home charger was not in stock and not the EVSE (which was in the car). Not having a full charge made a big difference. I had about 138 miles of range when I picked it up. With the EVSE I would have had enough to get to work on Monday where I could use the DC charger at the office. My back-up plan was a Chargepoint spot at a hotel about 1 mile from my house, which I had to use today.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I picked up my red Premier Bolt this past Friday - in perfect shape, fully charged, dealer had done a great job. My dealer (Mirak) is listed as one of the top volume dealerships for EVs in Massachusetts - top spot goes to Quirk.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forums. That does kinda suck that it wasn't fully charged though, I would have been pretty bummed. How are you liking it so far though other than that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts