Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Got a 2019 White Premier with DCFC, Infotainment/Driver Confidence II yesterday @ Koons White Marsh (MD) for $30K ($43735 list). Negotiation all via email.

Ted Britt and Ourisman both said they would quote prices only in person.

I was hesitant to make the drive from White Marsh to Charlottesville in one hop. So the salesman drove it to the Koons Tysons (Vienna) store and threw it back on Level II charge for maybe an hour. Started the trip with 176 mi on the GOM; got home with 158 or so. So much for my range anxiety.

The car looks sharp in white and doesn't feel like a small(er) car at all. Visibility is great all around.

The seat, however, even on the 2019 is going to make me glad I'll be using it mostly for short trips.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang, I'll be away that weekend. Looks like a fun event. Thanks for the heads up.

You'd think a college town like Cville would be more BEV friendly. One charge station for the whole city/county...

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Dang, I'll be away that weekend. Looks like a fun event. Thanks for the heads up.

You'd think a college town like Cville would be more BEV friendly. One charge station for the whole city/county...
There are three DC fast chargers in C'ville. The one at the hotel behind Whole Foods is free, and almost never ICEd. But the screen is milky white, and unreadable without putting a coat or something over your head and the screen to allow reading it. A Tesla owner says you can get it to work with the app.

Sadly, the two in parking lots downtown are both down right now.

Oh! You weren't looking at the MyChevy app to find chargers, were you? That thing couldn't find its butt, if it was sitting on it. Use PlugShare.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IThanks for the info. I was looking at PlugShare. Maybe I didn't have the filters set correctly?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
IThanks for the info. I was looking at PlugShare. Maybe I didn't have the filters set correctly?
Yeah. You need to check-mark the payment required, and currently in use, locations. And set the minimum score to zero, or you won't see half of them...unfortunately. :-(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip. Just loaded the PlugShare app onto my iPhone. Hope that helps via CarPlay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Just returned a BMW i3, which replaced a Leaf, which replaced an ICE. Seven years driving electric cars and ready to take the plunge again. I've more or less decided on the Bolt but intrigued by your experience at White Marsh. With whom did you deal? Already run into those dealerships insisting on a physical presence, and dismissed them with the question "why have an internet sales team if you're not going to employ the internet to make a sale?" Anyway, I digress. Love to learn more of your experience in White Marsh! Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Already run into those dealerships insisting on a physical presence, and dismissed them with the question "why have an internet sales team if you're not going to employ the internet to make a sale?"
I hear ya. Ted Britt and Ourisman definitely are in that category.

I dealt with Keith Siegel. I'll PM you with his email. Entire negotiation was done via email. I first spoke with him after I had a confirmed deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great! Really appreciate the info. I'm going to be out of town. Sorry to be missing the EV event in Charlottesville.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts