Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Just wait till you've owned a Bolt for a while; if one must occasionally drive an ICE, the experience seems so last century steam punk.

jack vines

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome. The Bolt is a great car. I'm slowly but surely getting rid of all the ICE in my stable. Only 2 items left that are truly ICE, the RV and riding lawn mower. All others are EV or Hybrid.
I'll never go back.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Proudly! NIST was a great place to work; everyone was a scientist, all through the management chain all the way to the top. In industry, I spend half of my time trying to explain what I do to management so that I don't get canned.

Yup. When people have called me a nerd, I respond with "Thank you".

·
Registered
306 Posts
For those of us who are not fluent in nerdnik:

jack vines
Most people know NIST as the place that creates standards which companies can buy to calibrate their equipment. Some of the standards they make and sell are funny, like a peanut butter standard for fat content, and a pack of cigarettes as an ignition standard for a lit cigarette dropped on a couch or a bed.

They also perform advanced research to help American industry gain an edge against foreign industry, which is what I did in my few years there.

If you want to visit, don't try to just walk in. There are security guards and a swat team because of the neutron reactor on the site. They once did a demonstration for us, and I couldn't help but notice the large gov't property asset tags on the sides of their assault rifles. Gotta love the gov't. :laugh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've walked that path, too. Nothing gas-powered in my garage, it's all electric now: the car, the scooter, the lawn mower, the leaf blower, the snow blower, the hedge trimmer etc. Another project for the years to come would be putting some solar batteries on the garage roof, which will minimize my dependence on the grid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts