Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a '17 Bolt Premier, black, with all the options, last week from Luther Brookdale. Lance Vadnais was great to work with and I would highly recommend him. This replaces my '13 Volt that will now be used by my daughter and her family. So far, I love the Bolt but I do have some questions about some safety features.
Neither the blind spot warning nor lane departure give any audible signals. The Blind Spot symbol in the side view mirror does flash if I signal a lane change and a vehicle is in my blind spot. The lane departure symbol on the screen will sometimes turn red but that's it as far as a warning and even that seems hit and miss. Is there some other setting I'm missing.
Overall, I love the driving experience, even the seats, which for me seem very comfortable.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Congratulations on your Bolt purchase. Welcome to the forum. There's a thread on the blind spot and its lack of audible warning. I seem to recall someone said it will alarm but you almost have to intentionally hit a car to do it. Most people would never hear it go off.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Welcome. I've had mine for less than a week. It's a Premier but no options except DCFC. Have some fun with it, riders tend to think EV's are slow like Prius', until you mash the go pedal and the WOW comes out of their mouths.
Since you are from Minnesota..... set the myChevrolet app to send you a "cold weather warning" which will happen if battery freezing temps are forecast within the next 36 hrs. Don't know if lower Michigan will get cold enough to trigger one but Minnesota might (-30F ?)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts