Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I've been lurking on this forum for the past month or so, learning all I can about the new Bolt before taking the plunge.

We signed lease paperwork yesterday on a 2017 Bolt Premier, white with gray interior and pretty much all available options, from Phillips Chevy in Lansing IL. Thanks to forum member Matt Dickson for recommending Phillips Chevy! The Chevy dealers in my local (Omaha NE) area have just started getting the Bolts in stock, and they are really holding tight to MSRP (or just slightly below) at this point. I got bids from several local dealers on a Bolt 36-month lease, and the zero-down, 10K mile per year rate came back between $505 and $550 per month. With Phillips, I was able to get a monthly rate of $395 (including sales tax) with zero down! Not a great lease compared to what I'm seeing in California, but pretty great for the mid-west. I considered simply purchasing the Bolt, as Phillips was willing to do it for a total price of $37,000 after rebates (MSRP was $43,510), and with the $7500 tax credit my total outlay would have been under $30k (once I filed my taxes next year). However, the practicality of keeping my payments relatively low, along with the fast-moving changes in the electric car landscape, drove me to go the leasing route. For anyone in the mid-west interested in buying a Bolt, I recommend you contact Shawn Breish at 708-474-0000, extension 465. Please tell him that Rick Nelson referred you.

The Bolt will be my wife's main car (I drive a 2017 Genesis G90 and a 2006 Lexus SC430). She currently drives (and LOVES) a 2013 Nissan Leaf. We leased that one back in 2013, and ended up buying for a great price ($12K) when the lease ended over a year ago. We have 31K miles on the Leaf, and haven't lost any "Bars" of energy storage. It will go 85-90 miles on a charge, which has been mostly sufficient for my wife's needs. She did suffer from quite a bit of range anxiety initially, but has mostly overcome that. She does really look forward to the Bolt's 238 miles of range to take away any last twinges of range anxiety.

Our new Bolt should be delivered from Illinois late this week or early next week, and we're excited to check out this new car! Believe it or not, I have not yet seen a Bolt in person (none on the road here), so this purchase is a bit of a "leap of faith" based on all the reviews I've read. I look forward to participating in this forum and sharing my Bolt experiences!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Rik... Welcome to the Bolt club. This car is a little rocket. Try not to wear out the front tires :)

Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Rick. Great to see someone from the Omaha area here. I just started lurking the site a couple of weeks ago as I really am in interested in getting the Bolt. I might have to ping you for info since I can't seem to find one here in the area. How are you all liking it so far?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Rik, this is very timely for me. I'm looking to buy in Utah and there only about five 2018 Bolts for sale in the entire state and only one in the trim level I want but the wrong color. They also want near-MSRP. This sounds like a great option.

Was that $37,000 including dealer fees? Did you need to do any haggling with Shawn to get that price? What did it cost you to have it shipped to NE?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts