Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just took delivery of a new 2017 blue Premier on the 29th of December.

We've driven electric and had solar since the late '90s. Had three different GM EV-1s (1997, 1999, 1997a), a used factory Ford Ranger EV (2000), RAV-4 EV (2001), E-GPR motorcycle (2001), Volt (2011) and a Leaf (2011). (Any EV-1 or RAV4 EV listers lurking about?)

The evolution of charge connectors has been interesting. Our first was over $5000. Now you can get them at Costco for $400. Remember large-paddle inductive? How about small-paddle inductive? Avcon? CHAdeMO? J1772? SAE CCS? We've used all of them, over time.

Getting to know the Bolt has been interesting, to say the least. So far, the Bolt seems like a solid car. A more refined successor to the EV-1. I really like single pedal driving. Funny, that single pedal was a topic of discussion back in 1997, on the T-Zero. Most either loved it, or hated it.

The biggest frustration (so far) is trying to get KeyPass to work on an Android phone. Since it's not a critical feature, I'm not going to worry about it, for now. Smaller irritants include the fact that my Galaxy Note won't fit in the phone charger slot, and I need to plug in phones (with a cable!) to get AndroidAuto and CarPlay to work. Really, GM? Ever hear of BlueTooth?

I realize these certainly fall into the "first world problems" category, so wah, wah...I'll get over it.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Welcome to the group, sounds like you have some great experience to share with your EV history. KeyPass adds so little, and causes phone battery drain, so I concluded why bother and took it back off. If you still want to get it connected this post I did might help.
https://goo.gl/QLmyLU

Bluetooth works for calls, etc, just not AA. I think that might be a Android Auto limitation and not a GM implementation thing...
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/android-auto-faq,news-20799.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts