Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Bolt LT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all from Lake Havasu City, AZ and thank you for the wealth of helpful info on this forum. I leased a new 2018 Bolt LT ten days ago and I'm pretty sure I have the only Bolt in our small town. The Havasu Chevy dealer said they wouldn't be stocking them so I found a decent deal at a dealer in SoCal. Already got to experience a bit of range anxiety on the trip home across the desert.

My first car was a $150 white 1960 Corvair 4-door (a real chick-magnet) and here I am, 50 years later, with another white Chevy 4-door econo-box. At least with the Bolt I don't have to carry a spare fan belt in the trunk! Ha! I've been a car nut since attending high school during the prime muscle-car era (1965-1969). I've owned Corvettes, Camaros, BMWs, VW bugs, various trucks, performance and sports cars. This is my first EV and I gotta say I absolutely love driving it!

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Bolt LT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! The total distance was 259 miles so I stopped at a quick charge station in Palm Desert for a "topoff". I waited til it had what I thought was almost 100% SOC. I misinterpreted the info screen, however, and actually had about 90% charge when I hit the interstate for the remaining 175 mile drive. I spent the next 3 hours watching how many miles I traveled for each bar of battery life. I had places to stop for a slow charge if absolutely necessary, so I wasn't being too daring. I pulled in my garage with 3 bars remaining.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Niiiice. Love the color. ;-)

·
Registered
2018 Bolt LT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great story, thanks for sharing PhilR. Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find a lot here to help you along the EV way. Congrats and enjoy the car. I like the white with black bowtie. Very formal.
Thanks for the welcomes. Researching this forum definitely contributed to my decision to get a new Bolt. So much great info.

Hopefully the "formal" look of my car makes up for the fact that I mostly wear t-shirts, shorts and flip-flops...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts