Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm from the Midwest, and I decided to jump into an EV for the first time in my life. It's a bit scary for me as I am fairly "old school" coming from a lifetime of combustion engine autos. Coming from a HEMI V8 that I traded in when I purchased the Bolt has been quite the paradigm shift, but I'm am enjoying it so far. My commute is 36 miles daily and have not had issue using just the factory supplied charger as of yet, but I've already ordered an L2 that should arrive sometime next week so I can keep the L1 in the trunk for emergencies.

The EV phenomenon has not really caught on here so I am one of the few although I do see the occasional Tesla but have not seen a bolt in the wild besides mine...yet. Im still in the "honeymoon" phase so it's hard for me to be objective yet on my purchase. My coworkers are very curious and always seem to be impressed/amazed by two things - one is how much leg and headroom are in the back and the other is the HD rear view mirror. Still feels weird not having to stop at the gas station, but it's a good weird :D

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations!

Your commute is almost the same as mine: 60 kms (40 mi). I have a level 2 charger in my garage at home, and I charge every night. It's kinda like plugging in your phone: you may not use all of the charge in a day ... but ya never know. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts