Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new 2020 Bolt LT in July - very pleased. Insta-torque! I still have a SUV for trailer towing and extended trips, but don't care for the stink and goo of ICEs much anymore. An EV gets you spoiled quick.

I like the front seats. The flat, almost bench-like seat fits my butt much better than deeper bucket seats, which can be almost unbearable and painful sometimes.

Any way to dim or turn off the dashboard charging light? Garage has lots of windows, and on a dark night, the green blinky is like a beacon when viewed outside the house from the street or sidewalk. I've been covering the light with a piece of black foam, but it's annoying. Had one frozen screen a month in - simply turned the car off, walked away and back with the key fob, never happened again.

Lots of good tips and information on this forum. Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I also have found the facebook group quite useful too.
Ditto on frozen Infotainment screen, no idea how to turn off blinky light.
Have you installed 240V 16/24/32 amp service yet? It would possibly help with the blinky light blinking all night.
-Doug in Bend, 2019 Bolt LT.

·
775 Posts
"Don't to the dark side turn, Luke. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.”

jack vines
Ditto. I found several Bolt FB groups, got flooded with notifications and mostly useless info. Unsubscribed within a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum!
I also have found the facebook group quite useful too.
Ditto on frozen Infotainment screen, no idea how to turn off blinky light.
Have you installed 240V 16/24/32 amp service yet? It would possibly help with the blinky light blinking all night.
-Doug in Bend, 2019 Bolt LT.
The dashboard charge light is on whenever the charging cable is plugged in and shore charger on. I want to disable the light entirely, should be an easy software update. The black foam works fine while GM works on it :) Think about a L2 charger at a hotel overnight - would you want the charger light on all night, probably blinking? It really is bright.

One other quirk. To run the front windshield washer, you pull back on the wiper control. To run the back window washer, you push the wiper control forward. Seems backwards to me, should just be aim and squirt. Maybe that software update.

I had a level 2 charger installed within a week of purchase. I tested DCFC'ing at a local charging place, works fine. Will do a road trip soon!

Never had a car that's fun to drive, and the Bolt is a blast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts