Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2019 Slate Gray LT on Saturday. I found one on a dealer's lot over 100 miles away that had every option I wanted and nothing I didn't. This price was right, too. When I test drove the car it only had about 35 miles of charge in it. I was concerned that they wouldn't be able to get it ready for me to drive it home that day. But, the dealer had a DC fast charger and by the time the paperwork was completed the car had 80% charge. That was more than enough to get me home 118 miles away. The temp started around 44F just before sunset (warm for December around here) and ended around 36F. I used the climate control like I would any other car and I didn't attempt any hypermiling either. I drove with the flow of traffic which typically ignores the posted speed limits and averages 75MPH in open country and only slightly less in more congested areas.

I never could've done that with the Ford Focus Electric I had a couple of years ago!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I got my 2019 Slate Gray LT on Saturday. I found one on a dealer's lot over 100 miles away that had every option I wanted and nothing I didn't. This price was right, too. When I test drove the car it only had about 35 miles of charge in it. I was concerned that they wouldn't be able to get it ready for me to drive it home that day. But, the dealer had a DC fast charger and by the time the paperwork was completed the car had 80% charge. That was more than enough to get me home 118 miles away. The temp started around 44F just before sunset (warm for December around here) and ended around 36F. I used the climate control like I would any other car and I didn't attempt any hypermiling either. I drove with the flow of traffic which typically ignores the posted speed limits and averages 75MPH in open country and only slightly less in more congested areas.

I never could've done that with the Ford Focus Electric I had a couple of years ago!
Congratulations! Glad you're not afraid to just drive the thing like a car.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome from another member in the great white north (that isn't quite Canada).

Love the car - range does drop in Winter but still plenty there. In summer - you will be amazed...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! This is a wonderful place for meeting like-minded EV owners and getting great information about your BoltEV and also about charging infrastructure ... well all thing pertaining to EV ownership don't you know!

Hearty Welcome to you!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Glad to see a new Bolt owner weighing in on how fun the car is. I've had my Bolt just over a month now - 2,000 miles on it - Yikes. All electric isn't making me reduce my driving miles at all; but definitely has cut out my stops at gas stations.
Took an experimental road trip with it just to try it out and get a feel for planning a longer drive. Stayed at a hotel with a free charge point which I plugged into over night. In short, am loving this vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts