Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! I picked up my Bolt Premier on Saturday and drove a little over 300 miles over the course of the Memorial Day weekend. So far I am extremely pleased with it. The 238 mile estimate seems to be right on the nose based on the highway driving (65-70 mph) I did, and I can't believe how efficient it is at low-speed driving. One pedal driving and regenerative braking are very addicting. I did my entire morning commute in terrible Boston-bound highway traffic without ever needing to touch the brake pedal, which is a huge change from the manual 5-speed I used to drive. I had to do curbside parking a few times and the "birds-eye view" camera, a feature I thought was a bit silly at first, was a huge help, and it really blew the minds of my passengers. Then there are little things that aren't EV specific like passive locking, keyless entry, and blind spot indicators that I've never had before but have come to love. The thing I was worried about most were the seats, and I'm happy to report that neither I nor my wife have experienced any discomfort. Reading threads on this forum, and writing the occasional reply, made all the difference when I was trying to decide if this would be a good car for my family, so thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Congrats on the new Bolt!

You touched on my top two favorite Bolt features- the one pedal/no brake driving and the Bird's Eye View cam for parallel/next to curb parking.

The parking by cam feature is an absolute every day use feature that I'd never want to do without after using it in the Bolt.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Glad to hear that the forum helped and congrats on taking delivery!

Even with the birds-eye view camera, I'm still pants at parallel parking. :D Good that it's working for you.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations! Which color did you go for??

Glad to hear your experience is going all well and that the seats work out for you and the wife. The birds eye view camera is definitely an amazing feature to have, especially like you said, when parallel parking. How many miles total do you have on it ??

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What did you own before coming to the Bolt? Hopefully as you put more miles on the Bolt it still have a positive effect on you. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What did you own before coming to the Bolt?
A 2014 VW Jetta whose lease is expiring. I liked driving a car with a manual transmission but alas it is a skill that is no longer relevant with an EV. We also have a 2000 Chevy Silverado LS for when we need to haul stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts