Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel I got sort of lucky here. I am a previous owner of a Ford Focus Electric and had become accustomed to the EV life... the life where you never have to stop at a gas station or schedule an oil change. The only issue was range of course.

My next car was a Ford Fusion Energi which is nice, but not all electric. At least it gave me Carpool lane access which is worth the price of admission itself.

Anyway my lease was coming up at the end of the year and I wanted to get back into electric. Ford had a new Focus coming up with slightly more range, and of course I stumbled across the Bolt which seemed to be a no brained. Only promise was in December there were none available and it looked like there were waiting lists.

Fast forward to Saturday and I could no longer delay turning in my lease so after dropping it off, I stopped by the Chevy dealer to find several Bolts in stock. 3 hours later I drove an Arctic Blue off the lot and so far I am loving it. Picked my wife up from the airport today (80 mile round trip) with no issues and stil over 100 miles of range. It was a cold and rainy day and I ran the heat along with testing the acceleration so I was not going to set any efficiency records.

Anyway here I am.

PS: my first post was in that other forum where I was summarily permanently banned without given a reason. So I hope this one flourishes since there is some serious personality problem going on at the other one.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
I feel I got sort of lucky here. I am a previous owner of a Ford Focus Electric and had become accustomed to the EV life... the life where you never have to stop at a gas station or schedule an oil change. The only issue was range of course.

My next car was a Ford Fusion Energi which is nice, but not all electric. At least it gave me Carpool lane access which is worth the price of admission itself.

Anyway my lease was coming up at the end of the year and I wanted to get back into electric. Ford had a new Focus coming up with slightly more range, and of course I stumbled across the Bolt which seemed to be a no brained. Only promise was in December there were none available and it looked like there were waiting lists.

Fast forward to Saturday and I could no longer delay turning in my lease so after dropping it off, I stopped by the Chevy dealer to find several Bolts in stock. 3 hours later I drove an Arctic Blue off the lot and so far I am loving it. Picked my wife up from the airport today (80 mile round trip) with no issues and stil over 100 miles of range. It was a cold and rainy day and I ran the heat along with testing the acceleration so I was not going to set any efficiency records.

Anyway here I am.

PS: my first post was in that other forum where I was summarily permanently banned without given a reason. So I hope this one flourishes since there is some serious personality problem going on at the other one.
Welcome! You have good choice in color, because that's the same color as my Bolt (and some guy named The Woz as well ;))

As to that other forum, if it is a shade of orange, I know which one it is. The problem child ratio sure seems to be higher over there.

Oh, and:

;)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Glad to see you were able to get one and I love that color! Which trim did you end up going with ??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congratulations gmaki on the new Bolt, and welcome to the forum.

And please speak of what's on your mind about the Bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only option I got was the DC fast charger. Other than that it is a base LT. I actually did not even care about the fast charger but had no choice there. For me this is a tool to commute with so I don't need that much in the way of amenities. Low "fuel" price, HOV access, and never having to stop at a gas station is all I need to keep me happy.

As far as pics, I will supply some soon. It is raining non stop in Southern California right now so pics are difficult to get unti that slows down. I will provide some soon though!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Oh okay nice. Just the essentials which makes sense for something you'll be utilizing as a commuter primarily. Did you get a good price on it ?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the light side and congrats on the new bolt! I'm guessing since you previously owned a Ford Focus Electric, that means you already have a charger at home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts