Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am so happy to join this forum. I am looking forward to continuing to learn from all of you (I have been reading many posts).

I purchased a nightfall gray metallic Bolt at Barnes Wheaton Chevrolet (North Surrey) 3 weeks ago. I was told end of October (2017) delivery. I feel lucky given many of the wait times I am reading about on this forum. Not sure how I lucked out.....not that I have it yet.

Since I need to sell my current gas guzzling car (2006 Nissan Altima 3.5SE) I asked for delivery specifics to no avail. They say it is on a train en route to me (Vancouver, BC, Canada) but cannot give me details to help me time the sale of my commuter. Even Chevrolet Canada cannot help. I can track a $10.00 international shipment daily but Chevrolet Canada cannot track my car on a train here in North America. Time will tell :)

If anyone has advice i would be grateful.

I am so stoked about leaving my ICE with the other dinosaurs I began the process of purchasing and installing a charging unit in my parking stall. In fact, I joined the first committee in our strata to pioneer the process and installation of chargers in the strata parking........before purchasing an electric car! EVs are the future and ICEs need to be in the past.

Has anyone else installed home charging units? Advice?

cheers,

dave

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
My new Bolt arrived this past Tuesday.....much to my delight. It is a month earlier than Chevy said!!!!! It is such an awesome car. I am so happy!!!
Great news, congratulations! I'm glad to see more Bolts making their way onto the streets here in Vancouver - I've only ever seen one in the wild, but I suspect I'll be seeing more of them over the next year.

Now that I've gotten serious about buying the Bolts seem to be coming out of the woodwork a bit. The "6 to 12 months" story seems to be a bit of a mirage - I put in an deposit at the start of the October and got attached to an order that's supposed to be built next week for delivery in December. And I had another dealer tell me that he had a cancelled Bolt order available right away (I'm going to see him tomorrow).

I'm wondering if GM has increased production in response to the strong demand. It'll be interesting to see what the October sales figures are like - I suspect it's going to be another month of record sales for the Bolt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My new Bolt arrived this past Tuesday.....much to my delight. It is a month earlier than Chevy said!!!!!

It is such an awesome car. I am so happy!!!
Congratulations! I bought my Bolt in Langley, Preston GM. I live in Surrey, so maybe we'll see each other! I have a black Bolt with black Chevy bowtie logos and a personalized plate. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts