Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Looking forward to using this resource in my electric car journey. Very new for me, as I have decades of hot rod, trucking, and general wrenching experience. Gonna be fun and interesting.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've owned, wrenched and rebuilt ICEs for sixty years. The Bolt is the first vehicle I've ever owned to which I've done literally nothing in the way of maintenance or modification. Three plus years and it's never been back to the dealer, never needed any home maintenance. The only time it gets touched is snow tires on and off.

jack vines

·
Registered
84 Posts
I owned and tracked an FC RX-7 for over 20 years. My dd ice was an 04 Forester XT with all the STi parts, exhaust and Tune. Probably made 350 HP or so. Bought my brothers Volt from him 2 years ago and only took a road trip from San Antonio back to Tulsa to realize I was done with ice. Drove it for 6 months while the subie sat in a barn. Drove it one day to Lowes and realized how annoying it was to drive. Launches were fun but that was about it. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago when I bought a new 2020 Bolt premium. It brings back some of the fun of driving again. It is no TM3 but at the price it is hard to beat. I still have a NB Miata I plan to electrify someday. Would love to put the drivetrain from a salvaged Bolt in it. Congrats on the new car and the ice addiction fades fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts