Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my Bolt LT on November 12th, got the wheels powdercoated gloss black. I'd love to post pix as the wheels do offer a different perspective, but this website tells me I cannot post images because I have not contributed enough posts yet. :confused: Catch-22, anyone? :rolleyes:

Not knowing what the post count threshold is that I have to pass over, I'll just say that if anyone is interested to PM me and we'll do the pix on a private basis rather than on a general post basis.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Bought my Bolt LT on November 12th, got the wheels powdercoated gloss black. I'd love to post pix as the wheels do offer a different perspective, but this website tells me I cannot post images because I have not contributed enough posts yet. :confused: Catch-22, anyone? :rolleyes:

Not knowing what the post count threshold is that I have to pass over, I'll just say that if anyone is interested to PM me and we'll do the pix on a private basis rather than on a general post basis.
Congrats on your new Bolt. It only take a few posts before you can post pictures. Not sure if a moderator jumps in to give the privileges or not. We just don't want any bots on here. Are you a bot? If you respond, then you get one more post closer to being able to post a picture.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome aboard. Share your experiences as they are gained, for we all benefit. You will be able to post a pix very soon. You will also cease to be a "junior member" soon (maybe at the same time). You become a "senior member" after 100 posts.

Have any of you seen the video of the robot programmed to put an "X" in the box that says "I am not a robot. [ ]"? It's frightfully funny. I saw it on Facebook but it is probably originated on YouTube.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Nice, I like that better than the busy mutli-color. I think solid silver would look good too.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV / 2014 Spark EV / 2020 Tesla Model Y
135 Posts
Nice scenery, too!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats. The Bolt is a fantastic car and a great deal now (especially if Congress dumps the $7,500 tax credit next year)

PS: Really like the black wheels

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice, I like that better than the busy mutli-color. I think solid silver would look good too.
I was initially looking for a white Bolt LT, but inventory was scarce in Northern California where I live with no dealers having any with the options I sought, so I checked out dealers in Southern California and found two Bolt LTs at one dealer in the Orange Burst Metallic color which I always loved. I was already dead set on powdercoating the wheels, and after two seconds thinking about it, I realized how perfect the OBM color would be with blackened rims, so I went south and made the deal, towing it on a trailer back north.

The black wheels would look good on white Bolts too. Stock wheels in both LT and Premier are IMO too attention grabbing and take away from appreciating the nice subtleties in the Bolt's styling. And yes - the LT is cleaner than the Premier... Premier's chrome roof rails and chrome strips on the door handles merely distract attention to an already complex design.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice comments so far. I kept the silver lug nuts and center cap to soften a bit any badassness one might get out of it, although I would have liked the bowtie logo to be filled in black rather than gold, it would have popped out better from the center of the wheel. Next step - paint the calipers....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts