Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I all, just joined the board and i am thrilled to learn more about the Bolt and all the tips and tricks seasoned Bolters are willing to share. As my title eludes to I just purchased a 2017 Bolt LT and hopefully will take delivery in the next week or so. It is on the truck/ship whatever they use to transport cars speedily heading to the dealership. I will be surrendering my 2016 Volt 1.5 years into a 3 year lease. I really just stopped by to test drive the Bolt thinking that when my lease was up I would purchase a Bolt. I was surprised when the salesperson (Joe Pinto) the same person I worked with last year made getting out of the lease a possibility. The sticker on the car was approximately 39,000 - I had to pay the remaining payments due in the lease - 4000. Costco auto program listed the car at 37,500 but I was able to work with the dealer to get the car at 35,000 + 4000 in payoff of my lease brought the total to 39,000. When you figure in the Fed rebate of 7,500, 2,500 California State Rebate and lest not forget the Costco Premier member holiday gift card offer of 700 that brings the Bolt to 28,300. What a great deal on an EV or any decent car for that matter. This of course will be my first Bolt, I loved my Volt but have always wanted to go all electric and unfortunately the Bolt was not available when I purchased the Volt March 2016. This is also the second American auto maker that I have purchased in longer than I can remember. Prior to the Volt I was driving a Toyota Prius - I have owned 2 Prius's over the last several years. I would have never believed how far American cars have come. The volt was and is amazing. Compared to the Prius the Volt is a luxury car. The Prius was tinny low budget feeling but was great as a starting point for hybrids in the US. The Volt feels luxury, well built and a pleasure to drive unlike the Prius. I am hoping that I will have the same experience driving the Bolt and I am sure that I will considering how well the test drive went. Sorry to chatter on I thought I would supply a little of my history and a BIG HELLO to fellow BOLTERS!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations. I hope the next week or so goes by quickly. I am waiting another 4-5 weeks so I will have to continue living vicariously through those that are happily experiencing their Bolt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts