Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone- just purchased my 2017 Bolt LT with fast charge yesterday. Getting to know all the range and charging stories, and contemplating springing for the level 2 home charger. We are leasing this car for three years, and hoping that come turn in time the little aggravations will be worked out as far as charging times, lack of nav, seats (I'm a skinny guy, so no worries, but passengers hate them).

See ya round!
Tom

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations. I am still waiting for my Bolt but prepping to install a level 2 charger asap. How is it so far? I am so curious because I only had one test drive and don't really remember it ;-)

·
Registered
989 Posts
The Bolt doesn't need NAV. Use your phone and you have NAV that's updated for free
and you aren't stuck paying for something that isn't as good, only to need to pay to update it often.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Bolt doesn't need NAV. Use your phone and you have NAV that's updated for free
and you aren't stuck paying for something that isn't as good, only to need to pay to update it often.
True point. Wife has an android BB, so no prob for her, she can even use Project mode. I have a BlackBerry Classic, so no go for me on anything other than standard Bluetooth connectivity. Good enough for me, just need a phone mount to keep it in view. OnStar nav is way too complicated to use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations. I am still waiting for my Bolt but prepping to install a level 2 charger asap. How is it so far? I am so curious because I only had one test drive and don't really remember it ;-)
Loving the acceleration, as well as "one foot driving" in L mode. Got used to that after driving the BMW i3 for a bit. I have only charged the car once at home, took overnight to top off even at 3/4 charge capacity. That was on standard 110v outlet and provided charger. I am applying for PG&E 500 dollar rebate and purchase a level two charger with that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Thomas.

Since you have driven both the Bolt and the i3 how does the regen compare? I drove my friends i3 and found the regen stronger on the i3 the the Bolt but apparently you can dial the regen up and down on the Bolt...if I read correctly.

I have the BB Z30. Is the android version of BB the only way to connect to the Bolt beyond basic bluetooth? I really do not want to give up my BB :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts