Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My wife and I had been interested in the Bolt since we first saw one up close at the end of March. A full month later, and we bought a loaded LT. Our first new vehicles since 2005 (hers) and 2003 (mine), so pretty much every feature, no matter how mundane by today's standards, was a wow factor for us!

We haven't seen any others in the wild in our part of NJ yet, but hopefully soon. I have a lot of questions, but I haven't read through the entire manual yet, so I'll ask later if necessary.

One nitpick so far: there are too many controls directly on the steering wheel! The cruise control buttons are especially too crowded.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome!

Hello!

My wife and I had been interested in the Bolt since we first saw one up close at the end of March. A full month later, and we bought a loaded LT. Our first new vehicles since 2005 (hers) and 2003 (mine), so pretty much every feature, no matter how mundane by today's standards, was a wow factor for us!

We haven't seen any others in the wild in our part of NJ yet, but hopefully soon. I have a lot of questions, but I haven't read through the entire manual yet, so I'll ask later if necessary.

One nitpick so far: there are too many controls directly on the steering wheel! The cruise control buttons are especially too crowded.
Welcome! We have a loaded LT too and are loving it. What color did you pick? Ours is Arctic Blue. Loved the silver but it's Premier only.
We felt the same way about the features giving us the "wow" factor - the car it replaced was 2008, and our other vehicle is a bare bones 1989 Westfalia, so for us, the Bolt is a luxury car ;-) Technology in cars has moved ahead leaps and bounds in the last ten years.
Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
Hello!

Welcome and congratulations on the Bolt! I know it's overwhelming right now, but you'll get used to the various buttons and controls and they begin to make more sense over time. It's just a matter of knowing where everything is and how it works.

One nice feature of the cruise control that is new to me is that if you turn it on, it stays on, meaning that when you turn the car off and then start up again, the cruise control is still on, but still needs to be set. On all other cars I've ever driven, once you turn the car off, the cruise control goes off and on start up, you have to turn the cruise control on again. I use cruise control a lot, so I like this tiny upgrade.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome. We got a kinetic blue. That wasn't our first choice, if only because we already have a deep blue car. But, the color is growing on me... and it's easy to spot in a parking lot (though maybe not so much as orange burst).

I think I might have liked having the upgraded sound system in the Premier trim, but that and the other options didn't justify the price differential for us. I impressed that Chevy allowed the LT trim to have the two feature packages as options, instead of forcing people into the Premier to access things like the blind spot warning.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome and congratulations. What color was your first choice ?
We liked the Nightfall Grey, and the Cajun Red. The wife banned white and silver -- on any car :) Screaming Yellow would been a nice color option if such a thing was available.

We had an electrician come out today to size up adding a 240V/40A circuit for a L2 EVSE. We probably don't NEED it, just like we didn't NEED a Bolt in the first place. Still, it'd be awfully nice to have :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.