Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of my 2018 Bolt Premier yesterday.

Very happy with the car so far.

Installed JuiceBox pro L2 charger. Have set it up to charge off peak rate.

Couple of pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Welcome. Glad to see 18's are out and about.

Reactions: Torontonian69

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2018! Congrats. Maybe you're the first to have the new model. We want pictures of the sliding sun visors!
Thanks, but no sliding sun visors on the 2018. Looks like it did not make it to production runs.

I can report though that the iPhone X and iPhone 8 wireless charging is working in MY2018.

Auto heating steering is great works perfectly.

Cheers

Darshit

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, the sliding visors are on mine! I tried it out after reading this thread. I had to unhook the right side of the driver’s visor, and then it slides out a few inches. (Can’t post pics yet, but soooooon. Gotta get my post count up.)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am wondering if the seats have changed in any way. GM apparently announced that a difference between the 2017 and 2018 models was the removal of the pocket on the seat back. Some people have speculated that this is actually a visible change that accompanies a change in seat design for comfort reasons. How do you find the seat comfort? Could you post some photos?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@LDeschenes: Good catch. It does that in mine too. So yes the sliding sun visors are present. But I totally miss the point. If you pull out the visor, it either obstructs the rear view mirror or does not block the sun.

@madpsintst : I don't know if the seats are different from the 2017 Bolts ( I did not have the opportunity to test drive the 2017). I however do feel the side bolsters do cause me discomfort in ~1 hour or over drives. I'm going to try to adjust my seating positions and see if it makes any difference. If not, I'll do a DIY fix of inserting the foam padding in the seat bottom.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Good catch. It does that in mine too. So yes the sliding sun visors are present. But I totally miss the point. If you pull out the visor, it either obstructs the rear view mirror or does not block the sun.
Sliding visor works best for sun coming into the side window. Turn the visor 90 degrees to side window and slide back to block the sun.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Sliding visor works best for sun coming into the side window. Turn the visor 90 degrees to side window and slide back to block the sun.
Exactly. It's fantastic for we Canadians driving westbound in the winter when the low sun is coming through the window at about our 8 to 9 o-clock position.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are those wheels factory original for 2018 Premier ? If so, double the spokes of the 2017.

Hope you got the "Light Ash Grey/Ceramic White" interior (my favourite).

·
Registered
247 Posts
Took delivery of my 2018 Bolt Premier yesterday.

Very happy with the car so far.

Installed JuiceBox pro L2 charger. Have set it up to charge off peak rate.

Couple of pictures
Congratulations! Having my Chargepoint charger installed as I am typing this (the guy has been working on it since 8 am). Just heard from my dealership my car is on route and it should arrive sometime next week. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Congratulations! Having my Chargepoint charger installed as I am typing this (the guy has been working on it since 8 am). Just heard from my dealership my car is on route and it should arrive sometime next week. Looking forward to it.
I was so impressed by the Diary of a Long-Suffering Bolt Buyer that you call "timeline" Picturing myself the long trek across roaring seas, scorched deserts, impassable jungles and sky-scraping mountains between Orion and Toronto that the truck, delivering your Bolt, will have to overcome.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was so impressed by the Diary of a Long-Suffering Bolt Buyer that you call "timeline" Picturing myself the long trek across roaring seas, scorched deserts, impassable jungles and sky-scraping mountains between Orion and Toronto that the truck, delivering your Bolt, will have to overcome.
Love it! LOL ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts