Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery last week was driven to my house. Noticed paint dings/imperfections.

Time invested/Summary
- 3 trips and counting for this since last week plus the car has been there since last monday
- inspected dealers attempt at touch up, the spots remain (I stopped looking after seeing 2 of them where whatever they did was able to be "picked off"
- dealer isn't proposing any thing via email, forcing me to come back in to discuss.

Pictures (each image is a seperate ding)
https://jeffdempster.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/

Next steps
Another trip in today to talk to the GM of the dealership. At this stage if i live with the dings or potential of them coming back if i cover them up, rather then complete panel repainting which will further devalue the car.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Sorry to know this happened since its sometimes one of the most time consuming and frustrating things to go through as a new car owner, hence why I sometimes suggest people really inspect their vehicles before taking delivery for the first time. Having spent some time on a detailing forum its shocking the amount of damage even new cars have.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow those are some pretty good dings in the car. Must be from flying rocks while travelling on the car carrier. Some auto makers cover their cars in that thick white plastic while in transport. I wonder if the Bolt is protected at all during transport. From your pics I would say they aren't.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Dayum... Yeah I would've had a spazz attack.. especially after they have the audacity to offer a paint stick :| That's some craziness

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Dealer referred me to chevy canada options were to trade it for their showroom demo (different color) he did indicate he would repaint the entire car but i don't think that would have helped residual

Would not offer a cent back for the issues identified. Referred me to Chevy 1800# for anything further.

I have been promised "a great deal" on paint protection waiting to hear back kind of ironic eh? :)

I should note I could have returned the car that was identified I am not sure if there are like fine print related stuff to returning a car here. With no other bolts around I didnt feel it was worth it in the long run. Will follow up with GM 1800# and get run around some more :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Looks like carrier negligence or vandalism to me. Dealer should have filed a claim on the carrier.

Dealers are fully capable of repairing those to "new" condition. (although you'd get "lo bake" basecoat & clearcoat, not a significant difference to most buyers).

Ask for the GM District Sales manager. Get ahold of that person and request immediate inspection & resolution.

EDIT: is there a reason Dealer may be trying to wriggle out of your deal ?...

PPS: A "dealer satisfaction" thread may be in order. These EV guys are supposed to be a select subset authorized to sell Bolt. Might be useful to expose any scumbags therein.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well unless your looking for these dings, its hard to find, I figure they could resell it in a flash to someone and sure they are well covered up so why deal with me complaining.

Bolts are hard to come by in canada right now.

if there was another bolt down the street id say here you go and look to bail and get one without the marks they sort of know that i can't do that right now I suppose.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ouch, that's a pretty deep gouge and it went to the deeper paint layers. They're not willing to order in new panels?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Wouldn't say vandalism at all but things do happen on the carrier.. they should just be fixed properly and not by a poor touchup attempt.

Interested to hear what the 1800 has to say though, persistence is key with those guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts