Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new BOLT 2 weeks ago. Loving every minute of it.:)

In using MyChevrolet App, I seem to only be able to lock and unlock the car when I am in blutooth range. Is there a way to be able to use it when I am far away?

·
Registered
168 Posts

In using MyChevrolet App, I seem to only be able to lock and unlock the car when I am in blutooth range. Is there a way to be able to use it when I am far away?
Yes, you can do it using the cellular network (it works through the OnStar connection). Just make sure you have the right settings for your app and it should work seamlessly between the two options.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have fun with your car. A few tips on items that I did not notice at first. There is a physical HOME button on the center console that is useful as not all screen views have a home icon. There is a slot in the "trunk" for a Chevy branded 12 volt air pump; might be a useful accessory if you swap out the factory self sealing tires for winter snow tires. WeatherTech now sells a trunk liner for the Chevy Bolt without a false cargo bottom. I bought the "rubber" floor mats from Chevy.

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you can do it using the cellular network (it works through the OnStar connection). Just make sure you have the right settings for your app and it should work seamlessly between the two options.
Thanks Jimmy. I installed the OnStar App and I was able to use the functions from OnStar. But the Remote features on the Chevy App is still grayed out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks Jimmy. I installed the OnStar App and I was able to use the functions from OnStar. But the Remote features on the Chevy App is still grayed out.
That seems odd - maybe you need to allow cellular data to the app? Though I tried turning mine off and my buttons never grayed out. Just to confirm, you are able to use the other functions of the my chevrolet app - such as checking for status to see how much charge your car has? I assume you have been logged in appropriately etc.

I'll give you some advice that I got once from Onstar that I thought would never work - uninstall the app - and then reinstall it and log in. I have a feeling that it triggers some sort of refresh on their end more than changing the actual software on your end, but it has actually worked for me once. good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That seems odd - maybe you need to allow cellular data to the app? Though I tried turning mine off and my buttons never grayed out. Just to confirm, you are able to use the other functions of the my chevrolet app - such as checking for status to see how much charge your car has? I assume you have been logged in appropriately etc.

I'll give you some advice that I got once from Onstar that I thought would never work - uninstall the app - and then reinstall it and log in. I have a feeling that it triggers some sort of refresh on their end more than changing the actual software on your end, but it has actually worked for me once. good luck.

Jimmy! You are the MAN!!! That worked. Thank you so much!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts