Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy with new bolt 2020, which came weather mats and dealer thru a Webasco Charger with it. Had electrician installed in garage for $500.00 with 50amp circuit.

I am in Chicago, do you all know any weather related degradation on charging

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes, range will be impacted when the temperature drops - your car will still work great, it just isn't as efficient getting energy out (or in) from(to) the battery. Typical summer range for me is ~300 miles on a full charge. Winter range is ~150 miles. For in town driving, not an issue really.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy bolt ev premier
13 Posts
Happy with new bolt 2020, which came weather mats and dealer thru a Webasco Charger with it. Had electrician installed in garage for $500.00 with 50amp circuit.

I am in Chicago, do you all know any weather related degradation on charging
I live in Omaha Nebraska in during the cold winter months… Feel free anyone to give me a definition of how cold an app or a gauge need to see the outside temperature is as my car is parked constantly in a garage… Should I worry about how it affects my battery efficiency? Throughout the winter I never seem to ever recorded 186 miles of maximum range. As summer sorry getting warm and I didn’t have to wear a jacket or anything even getting in the car I was able to make 170 mile trip with out… Gas! Having to charge for a single hour. Case anyone with this far the journey we go from Omaha Nebraska to Clarkson Nebraska and back. That would mean I would have to charge at some point in Fremont Nebraska yes I could not make the journey back.Information note, to mother-in-law’s house, it’s a journey where are Chevy bolt excels the best as I could literally do a 200 mile labor of love or keeping the wife happy life keeping her mom fed journey. Yeah I know it’s not the best way to describe it but see me I’m not a copyright writer. LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts