1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'll bet they won't come to WV. I could not find a dealer within 50 miles which was even going to carry the line. One said they would order one... in Sept. for a Dec. delivery. I bought in a neighboring state and drove 350 miles home. Still, a cool concept.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Test Drive My Way (Bolt EV) is currently offered in San Francisco/San Jose, San Diego and Los Angeles. Test drives are subject to availability.
So those living outside of that area will have to test drive the Bolt the old school way.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:)Neat program, just wish it was more readily available. BMW had a program with their i3 where you could take a i3 home for a couple of days with no commitment. That's was a great program to help determine if a EV was the right fit.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Having it for a couple of days would be the ideal way of figuring out if you would like it or not. You'd be able to utilize it for your daily commutes and errand running and see if you really could deal with it or not! Too bad majority of the time dealers won't let you do that.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think what's limiting this program are the dealerships. They're the ones with Bolts in stock and probably doesn't want to spend time promoting the Bolt.
Would be nice if test day long test drives become the standard, but I can see why some dealerships will shy away from it considering the potential liabilities.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
B.S. - you wanna try the car for the day? Do a 'test drive' rental (via the dealership) for $40. That's what they should be doing. You accept all liability for your crappy driving. It hasn't bothered Hertz much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did one of these test drives here in Los Angeles, they have a team of people in SoCal doing them. You get about 30 minutes for the drive. I would imagine GM starts doing them in other markets more heavily as the Bolt continues to roll out nationwide and yes the Bolt came from a local dealer who also followed up rather aggressively afterwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts