Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on the flo website, they have activated two new stations, Radium and Canal Flats. As part of the Accelerate Kootneys project. More on the way. Hopefully Golden gets more than one station.

I'll have to surf the AK website one day.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was poking around for info on the next installs, but can't find any news.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Yeah, I'm eager to see fast chargers installed in Golden and Field to plug the gap on the Trans Canada highway to the Alberta Border.

But I'm really impressed at all the chargers that have shown up in the last few months, both in the Kootenays and elsewhere. We've got fast chargers on both ends of the Coquihalla now, a charger in Mission on the north side of the Fraser, several new chargers on Vancouver Island and in Vancouver itself. It's exciting to watch!

There are now far more CCS fast charging locations in BC than there are Tesla supercharging locations. That's impressive.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Planning an Okanagan - Calgary (Drumheller) route and it seems doable if one burns days overnight charging at hotels. DCFC in Golden would help for sure, must be a reason for the delay in such an obvious hole.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
On the Alberta side, it seems to me that a quick charger in Banff is a pretty obvious need as well. But east of Calgary it's a DCFC desert, and even the L2 chargers seem to be pretty few and far between compared to what I'm used to here in the Lower Mainland...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts