Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know this and just a heads up. If you have the old flex plan EVgo DOES NOT automatically switch you over to their new "pay as you go" plan. I kept wondering why the rate plan i was charging under on my trip wasn't reflective of the new rates and plans they just announced. So, out of curiosity in the app i decided to add a new plan and sure enough there it was. You have to intentionally make the switch to the new "pay as you go" plan. I didn't see that tid bit in any of the press releases about the rate change.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I added the new "as you go" plan and deleted my flex plan from my account. The "as you go" plan showed a "termination date" of one month in the future. When I contacted EVgo support to ask if I had to renew every month, they said that it would renew automatically.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks for posting that info. Is there any reason someone would want to stay on the old plan?

If not, I'll have to say this is pretty sleazy of EVgo to rip off their existing customers.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Thanks for posting that info. Is there any reason someone would want to stay on the old plan?

If not, I'll have to say this is pretty sleazy of EVgo to rip off their existing customers.
No different than my phone(s) and TV providers. Sometimes have to switch to their competitor before you hear about their deals.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts

EVgo offers different types of plans and existing customers will have signed up for one or another. I think it might not be kosher for them to simply change your plan on you without your approval.

On the other hand, as far as I can tell they haven't really made any effort to notify people of the new plan.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I added the pay as you go and didn't delete the Flex. I wonder if will ask which plan to use since they're both on my account.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Better not switch me without my knowing.

EVgo offers different types of plans and existing customers will have signed up for one or another. I think it might not be kosher for them to simply change your plan on you without your approval.

On the other hand, as far as I can tell they haven't really made any effort to notify people of the new plan.
As an existing customer, I was informed of the new plans up front. I had no problem with that, and I would not expect a plan to be switched me without my knowing. The fact they did not inform me of any switch made me assume that my old plan was still in place, which was the case.

·
Registered
421 Posts

I just had our EVGo plan switched with a phone call. The company rep said they needed the customer's permission to change the plan over, which is why they can't automatically do it for you. BTW, my phone call was for something else, and it was the phone rep who initiated the change-of-plan conversation.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I just had our EVGo plan switched with a phone call. The company rep said they needed the customer's permission to change the plan over, which is why they can't automatically do it for you. BTW, my phone call was for something else, and it was the phone rep who initiated the change-of-plan conversation.
I think the rep was feeding you a load of bull. EVGo is under no obligation to continue the old pricing plan.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV Ioniq 5 reservation
1,719 Posts
I used EVgo DCFC at the Premium Outlets Mall in Hagerstown, MD twice this past weekend. I have NO plan with them. I was happy to find that they charge by the minute (25 cents/min.) rather than half-hour blocks, AND that auto-cutoff occurs after 45 minutes (in the 46th minute) and not 30. The “out” trip required only 45 minutes ($11.50) while the “back” trip needed 45 min. (lunch) + 10 minutes ($2.50) to allow me to go 170 miles over hills that were 1800’ higher than my charging altitude.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I finally took my Bolt out further than my typically 130 mile commute. Today was horrible with wind, 70 mph roads the whole drive, and no traffic to drive at slower speeds. I drove 310 miles with 85 kWh for an average of about 3.6 miles/kWh. I fully charged for the first time in awhile last night. I stopped at an EVGO station in Bakersfield and it got me from 26% to 79% in the 45 minutes. Not to risk it, I did another 15 minute charge in Selma with EVGO. It cost me $12 to charge today and probably about $18 in total for a 310 mile trip. With gas prices in CA it would have cost about $45 for gas in the SUV we have. The EVGO chargers worked perfectly. However, the Bakersfield EVGO is in a Walmart parking lot and I almost lost my mind with cars waiting for spots so they could park in the front. I really wish that the chargers were farther away from the entrance in Walmart. Walking further is not a big deal when it is hectic like today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.