Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Bolters

I placed an order for a premier 2017 Bolt on Apr 25 here in Canada.
GM accepted my order on May 18th.
But they have not given me a build date as of yet.
Any idea when it may go into production or how long until I receive mine. Appreciate it.

Ash

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello fellow Bolters

I placed an order for a premier 2017 Bolt on Apr 25 here in Canada.
GM accepted my order on May 18th.
But they have not given me a build date as of yet.
Any idea when it may go into production or how long until I receive mine. Appreciate it.

Ash
You may be waiting a while. I ordered a Bolt Premier March 3 - order was accepted a couple weeks later. Found out yesterday that I have a build week of June 12. Delivery to follow - doesn't seem to be a consistent waiting period between build and delivery. As you can see I had 12 weeks in the dark - then got a build weeks 2 weeks prior. I was getting weekly updates from GM through their online chat.

Out of curiosity, where did you order from? I got the impression from others on here and from my dealer that there were no allocations left anywhere in ON. At least your order has been accepted by GM!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called like 40 dealers outside the GTA until I found this one in London. They had not used the last of their 3 allocations. I was surprised GM accepted the order. Going by what you said, my build week may be in Aug! That would be late for a 2017 model

·
Registered
735 Posts
I called like 40 dealers outside the GTA until I found this one in London. They had not used the last of their 3 allocations. I was surprised GM accepted the order. Going by what you said, my build week may be in Aug! That would be late for a 2017 model
Good amount of time out from now. At least it gives you enough time to learn enough from an owners perspective and all owners are experiencing.

Lots of information here from owners.

Did any of those dealers mention they have a demo?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good amount of time out from now. At least it gives you enough time to learn enough from an owners perspective and all owners are experiencing.

Lots of information here from owners.

Did any of those dealers mention they have a demo?
No they all said sold out!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
This must be causing some extreme anxiety. I would think they would at least give you some sort of update as to when expect it. Always helps to keep in contact with your sales person and see what they say?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ordered my car in February. Accepted the following week. Pulled into production 13 weeks later and shipped week 14 of placing my order. Shipping and waiting for it to be pulled into production take the longest time. You wait and wait and wait. Then it's built in one day and then you wait weeks for it to be shipped. Unless you live in the USA, then you get it in a couple of weeks from when it was built. :-(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah and he's very good with emails. I just don't think GM has good ways of communicating that to the consumer or dealer. That's why I asked to see how everyone's experience has been here on the forum. That way I can at least have some sort of time frame in mind.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Forgot to mention that I asked my sales guy for my order # and then every week or two weeks I go to chevrolet.ca and use their live chat to ask for updates on my vehicle. They can't give VIN #'s or status codes, but they can say where it's at either in production, has a build date, etc... Still annoying but it does help with the anxiety!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I placed my order January 3rd. I finally picked it up from the dealer May 11th. It was only sent to "production April 3rd, and was built by April 20. so i waited a total of 18 weeks (from oakville, ontario)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I placed my order January 3rd. I finally picked it up from the dealer May 11th. It was only sent to "production April 3rd, and was built by April 20. so i waited a total of 18 weeks (from oakville, ontario)
I live in Oakville too! how do you like the car so far

·
Registered
979 Posts
my build week may be in Aug! That would be late for a 2017 model

Scuttlebutt is that the 2017 model plant build has been extended through to December 2017. Reasoning not known, might be: extra USA-ZEV credits available this calendar year, 2018 model features not ready, excess demand, yada yada.

Question: are Cdn orders for 2017's going to be spread out to December, or will all 1,000 or so of them be built by end of Q3=Sept as originally anticipated, then the pipe will go dry until 2018 models in January...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Scuttlebutt is that the 2017 model plant build has been extended through to December 2017. Reasoning not known, might be: extra USA-ZEV credits available this calendar year, 2018 model features not ready, excess demand, yada yada.

Question: are Cdn orders for 2017's going to be spread out to December, or will all 1,000 or so of them be built by end of Q3=Sept as originally anticipated, then the pipe will go dry until 2018 models in January...
That's a good question. Anyone on this forum have an idea what GM has in store for the 2017 models? I would think there are very few like handful of allotments left in ON if any

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I chatted with GM online and they told me I have been assigned a tentative build week of Jun 19! That came faster than I thought. Wonder how long it will take to build and then how long to ship

·
Registered
979 Posts
I chatted with GM online and they told me I have been assigned a tentative build week of Jun 19! That came faster than I thought. Wonder how long it will take to build and then how long to ship
Very lucky ! Good for you. The 3rd order of 3 allotted should have been Q3 build at the earliest. Betcha you picked up a cancelled order slot that was already staged #2 order.

Mine was delivered the 3rd week following the build week. London, ON may be a little quicker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked up the car on Thursday! It arrived exactly a week after it was built. I have to say I do not dislike the seats like so many people complained but maybe it has something to do with it being a Premier not LT. The plastic inside is cheap looking and probably my biggest complaint. Also have no idea where the car's front ends from the driver's position. L mode is such pleasure!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I placed my order in North Toronto January 4, 2017. Now 6 months later and no TPW in sight. Dealer assures me that I am part of their initial allotment and that there are others after me. Ontario GM ambassador produced an order number in the preliminary accepted stage soon after my order. GM management seems to like to make thousands of Bolts that sit unsold on California GM dealer lots rather than sell them for money to Canadians. Not very friendly. Especially as this forum seems to be disproportionally populated by Canadians wanting to own a Bolt. Buying a BEV is easy if you have 150 grand, otherwise not so much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed my order on June 1st. The dealer told me that there were no allocations left in the entire province (QC). He estimated that I would probably not get the car before February 2018.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When your order arrives does not depend on the date it was ordered. Rather it's about which allotment of that particular dealership you received. They are finishing 3rd allotments and that's where I fell with the dealer. If you were say the 7th allotment of a dealer that had 7 to assign, you won't receive yours until say Oct/Nov. My dealer only had 3 allotments for 2017. If you are really keen, you can try calling all the rural GM dealers in ON and see if they have any 2017 3rd allotments left, you just may get lucky. That's what I did.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts