Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello everyone starting my EV adventure. This will be touring the roads just south of St. Louis. Hope to get this all figured out soon. It's the 2022 LT with some options. Been waiting months for replacement batteries to come in at my local dealership. Let the adventures begin!
View attachment 42233
Congrats and welcome. FYI, you'll probably be waiting for a number of months before you get your battery replaced. There are some exceptions I am told, but the 22 model year is low on the list when it comes to batteries being replaced.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt Premiere
275 Posts
Welcome aboard!

We live in the New York City area. But we found the best deal on a 2021 Bolt
with Mayse Auto in Aurora, MO. We flew there and drove our Bolt back home -
over 1,300 miles. We had a blast. This was over a year ago. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats and welcome. FYI, you'll probably be waiting for a number of months before you get your battery replaced. There are some exceptions I am told, but the 22 model year is low on the list when it comes to batteries being replaced.
Sorry if my message wasn't clear. The battery has been replaced. The dealership only received one battery for the six cars on the lot. Glad we were at the top of the list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome, from a fellow St Louis EV owner. If you haven't already, check out PlugShare (app or site) to find the free chargers around town. There aren't a ton, but you'll find them at the Zoo and MoBot for sure.
Got the plugshare app. Thanks, not much around me. I will have to put a level 2 on my outbuilding and get things going. Grizzl-e looks good.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Sorry if my message wasn't clear. The battery has been replaced. The dealership only received one battery for the six cars on the lot. Glad we were at the top of the list.
The conventional wisdom here is GM requires the dealer to furnish a VIN number before the battery is shipped. How yours got to the top of the list is unknowable, but the dealer couldn't have chosen to put the one battery in any of the other five cars on the lot.

jack vines

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT Cayenne Orange Metallic
1,131 Posts
The conventional wisdom here is GM requires the dealer to furnish a VIN number before the battery is shipped. How yours got to the top of the list is unknowable, but the dealer couldn't have chosen to put the one battery in any of the other five cars on the lot.

jack vines
Jaryd commented about a month ago regarding eligibility for dealer stock of new Bolts built before the production halt in August. He said it's being done by build date. Presumably he means the earliest built go first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

jack vines
You are absolutely correct we didn't really want Red but it was the only one they could put the replacement battery in. I didn't want to wait any longer so Red it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts