Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all,

My wife and I are new Bolt owners in DC, and are in the process of installing solar on our row house, which will enable us to go 100% green transportation in the next few months. Since she works in the government/environmental world and I am founder/owner of a green cargo delivery business in the District, it's about time!

Planning our first road trip after Christmas from DC to Beaufort, SC. Looking forward to the challenge! Have downloaded multiple charging station apps, but would love input from any other Bolt owners as to which is/are the best, as well as any great Level 3 stations they'd recommend down along the 95 corridor (with a detour through Raleigh).

BTW, I thought this user name was quite appropriate as it's also the name of my favorite coffee shop in DC!

Geoff

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am founder/owner of a green cargo delivery business in the District, it's about time!
Green cargo delivery business, that sounds interesting! What are you doing, if you don't mind me asking? I really look forward to seeing more in this sector.

BTW, I thought this user name was quite appropriate as it's also the name of my favorite coffee shop in DC!

Geoff
This is a good thought, if/until GM comes out with a future Jolt model and confusion sets in! I wouldn't put it past them with the Volt/Bolt naming they've already done. Good luck with the car and I hope you enjoy it as much as we have these past few months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We use electric-assist cargo tricycles to carry upwards of 550 lbs and 62 cubic feet of goods around downtown DC. If you take into account coal power plant-based charging, we emit less than 1/45th the carbon/emissions of a panel truck doing the same delivery.

I hope to use the Bolt w/ cargo box or small trailer to expand our range. (Would love any recommendations for this) With solar panels, we will be going zero emissions.

Schlep-it.com

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
We use electric-assist cargo tricycles to carry upwards of 550 lbs and 62 cubic feet of goods around downtown DC. If you take into account coal power plant-based charging, we emit less than 1/45th the carbon/emissions of a panel truck doing the same delivery.

I hope to use the Bolt w/ cargo box or small trailer to expand our range. (Would love any recommendations for this) With solar panels, we will be going zero emissions.

Schlep-it.com
Welcome aboard. Electric assist cargo bikes/trikes are the best. I chuckle every time time I start the Bolt...1 kW at "idle." That is almost double what I average running WOT on my cargo bike. That is empty, of course. With a big load in the cargo bags it will average close to a kW.

I know of one guy with a trailer for his Bolt. You might want to email Mike. His hitch, and trailer light install is down the page.

http://99mpg.com/blog/finally-i-have-an-electric-car-chevy-bolt/

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Go Richmond, Raleigh, Wilmington, Charleston, Beaufort. DCFC all the way, some charges only 30 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts