Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought a 22 Bolt euv in july, the a month later she got a letter with all these restrictions and the recall notice.
With following the restrictions the best we can, (can't charge outside cable is not long enough) she can't go to Atlanta,,Ga and back on one charge, so the car won't work for what she needs. Having issues with Chevrolet communicating.
now just got a letter they want to limit charging by a software change to 80%, (cover their ass) which is what we are doing now. any suggestions? reply to [email protected] my email thanks

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Call the EV Consierge @ (833) 382-4389.

Ask for a buyback after listening to the other alternatives if they aren’t saying anything that sounds like it would work for you. Good luck 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have contacted a Lemon law firm and they will handle my case, after reading a lot of posts, I think Chevy will be having a class action suite and will have to re-purchase these cars. they are already advertising a new suv for 2023 with new battery system and even costs less than the Bolt euv!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I am keeping a Bolt.

I asked GM for a repurchase MSRP swap into a ‘22, or a replacement battery; whichever comes first.

I follow the charging guidelines for 90% max as my use needs dictate.
I don’t park anywhere except the garage when at home.
I installed a smoke detector in the garage, and have an airtight escape plan (master bedroom exterior door to the backyard), and the possible means of removing the car from the garage before the 1-mile distanced FD gets here if the situation allows, or they pull it out). 911 is in my favorites list for 2-buttons efficiency.
My wife is in lock-step (very important), and we have zero children with 1- 17 year-old cat (my avatar).

Not once have I found need to contact Mary Berra. All she can do is be sympathetic, and say that they are making the most at risk first in line (just like triage at Emergency, right?).

“This doesn’t meet the level for a “Weapons Discharge” from a whinny little Karen 😭”

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also installed a smoke detector in the garage, and charge inside, set the alarm to when it reaches my charge point and then unplug car. I take all the precautions, My wife loves the car, except the range limits Chevy has on the car,, its not what we intended, charging outside of the home is a problem!! No charging intrastructure (supercharging)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have contacted a Lemon law firm and they will handle my case, after reading a lot of posts, I think Chevy will be having a class action suite and will have to re-purchase these cars. they are already advertising a new suv for 2023 with new battery system and even costs less than the Bolt euv!
contacting a LL firm is the most sensible thing you have done for yourself. Now sit back and relax and enjoy reading other owner's experiece and frustrations with chevy concierge. When you get your settlement documents try not to gloat that instead of receiving a slap in the face from GM, you get back everything you paid for with no usage fees. I can only speak for a case filed in california.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So is the couple thousand usage fee deduction now going to the lawyer instead, so either way you are out the money?
????? why would the usage fee go to the lawyer I don't understand. The lawyer gets paid by GM so that's an extra kick in the balls to GM on top of the slap in their face.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,933 Posts
contacting a LL firm is the most sensible thing you have done for yourself. Now sit back and relax and enjoy reading other owner's experiece and frustrations with chevy concierge. When you get your settlement documents try not to gloat that instead of receiving a slap in the face from GM, you get back everything you paid for with no usage fees. I can only speak for a case filed in california.
Minus a third for the LL firm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In a contingency liability lawsuit like this, the law firm typically gets 1/3 of the total settlement as reimbursement. You only receive 2/3 of what is due to you for damages. If your total cost of damages claimed in the lawsuit is 100k, and GM settles for 100k, you only receive 66.6k and the law firm keep 33.3k for the fees and expense (profit!).

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
In a contingency liability lawsuit like this, the law firm typically gets 1/3 of the total settlement as reimbursement. You only receive 2/3 of what is due to you for damages. If your total cost of damages claimed in the lawsuit is 100k, and GM settles for 100k, you only receive 66.6k and the law firm keep 33.3k for the fees and expense (profit!).
So if legal firm is saying no cost to you, then they would put in a claim of $150K.

I guess we need that guy in FL to chime in on his actual experience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Look at the Erin Brockovich lawsuit against PG&E, the law firm received 40% of the settlement. The final damage award total did not account for the extra amount for lawyer's fees. Therefore the 40% is taken off the medical damages the plaintiff claims. That lawsuit was a win, but the settlement did not fully reimburse all of the damages due to the lawyer's fees. Pick your choice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lawsuit for individual Bolt buyback does not make sense. The maximum possible settlement is the full purchase price of the Bolt under consideration. A few hours of lawyer time at $400/hour will greatly exceed any possible extra cost recovery from usage mileage deduction.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
339 Posts
My wife bought a 22 Bolt euv in july, the a month later she got a letter with all these restrictions and the recall notice.
With following the restrictions the best we can, (can't charge outside cable is not long enough) she can't go to Atlanta,,Ga and back on one charge, so the car won't work for what she needs. Having issues with Chevrolet communicating.
now just got a letter they want to limit charging by a software change to 80%, (cover their ass) which is what we are doing now. any suggestions? reply to [email protected] my email thanks
Suggestion is to do the same thing I've been doing since I got my EUV in July....enjoy the car.
The instructions indicate some things that you should (and where possible) do to try and reduce the risk but it doesn't say you must or must not.
So, charge the car to 100% to make the occasional trip etc. Charge the car inside and move it out afterward if possible.
That is clearly what the note below says.
I think it helps to go back to the source document from time to time and make sure you (we) aren't making the proverbial mountain out of a mole hill....here is a screenshot for a refresher and then go enjoy the EUV and forget about it until they call with a new battery.

Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant Document

Reactions: Zapp

·
Registered
38 Posts
Legal fee consideration only matters if you win the lawsuit. If you lose, then there is no reimbursement of legal fees.
Have you seen an actual legal retainer agreement you would be required to sign when retaining the services of a Lemon law attorney in your state for a LL lawsuit for a Bolt?

This is a very "State Specific" issue. I can only comment on California where I live, If I were to lose, I would owe no legal fees/costs. If I were to win, I would owe no legal fees/costs, (paid by the manufacturer per state law).

Lawsuit for individual Bolt buyback does not make sense. The maximum possible settlement is the full purchase price of the Bolt under consideration. A few hours of lawyer time at $400/hour will greatly exceed any possible extra cost recovery from usage mileage deduction.
Again, I can't comment on what State you're talking about. In California, the best settlement is known as "Cash & Keep".

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had the full battery swap, and earlier I had the limitation on range too. It has been a dreadful experience, and since my Bolt is so heavily modified there was no hope for a buyback. It is a good vehicle, the public relations is the worst though, and I regret the experience because GM clearly does not care about my business which is why my vehicle was modified in the first place - if you want a buyback it has to be stock.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts